The Watch Site banner

4601 - 4620 of 4658 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I’ve now got this in the post too

I was torn between this and an older version.

With hindsight, the earlier model might have been a better choice as the difference in case design to the Lord Matic I posted earlier would’ve been nice. Mind you, the one I’ve got coming was £200 cheeper and a B grade movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
I’ve now got this in the post too

I was torn between this and an older version.

With hindsight, the earlier model might have been a better choice as the difference in case design to the Lord Matic I posted earlier would’ve been nice. Mind you, the one I’ve got coming was £200 cheeper and a B grade movement.

I have a certain type of watch that catches my eye and makes me mesmerized. This is one of them. It's also why I love my SARB035.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I will always upvote a King Seiko. Although tank dialed watches are not for me, I do appreciate their beauty.

View attachment 449013
Now that appeals to me. I’m a child of the 70’s and I am always drawn to its style. Not sure how it would wear. Squared cases can wear a little off and my wrists are pretty flat, so I’m guessing others feel the same. I’ve tried a Monaco on several occasions, almost forcing myself the like it. It’s a great looking watch in photos, but not on my wrist.

·
Registered
964 Posts
When the postage cost more than the Watch. Future proofing my all time favorite Citizen digital DQ7031. Both powered by the P100 movement. So why not for $5aud. Might never have a need for it unless another DQ model comes around as a fixer.All about spares I guess.

s-l1600mkl.jpg
IMG_0526.JPG

·
Registered
80 Posts
Now that appeals to me. I’m a child of the 70’s and I am always drawn to its style. Not sure how it would wear. Squared cases can wear a little off and my wrists are pretty flat, so I’m guessing others feel the same. I’ve tried a Monaco on several occasions, almost forcing myself the like it. It’s a great looking watch in photos, but not on my wrist.

I would definitely recommend you trying the Cartier Santos, that has the tank dial. Very classy.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would definitely recommend you trying the Cartier Santos, that has the tank dial. Very classy.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk
That is a beautiful watch. I’ve been looking at Cartier for sometime, but can never really settle on the perfect one. This is close, but not sure I’d pay full price for it, plus I’m not a fan of how the bezel drops off at the lugs and you can’t attach your own straps, but she is a beauty.

·
Registered
80 Posts
That is a beautiful watch. I’ve been looking at Cartier for sometime, but can never really settle on the perfect one. This is close, but not sure I’d pay full price for it, plus I’m not a fan of how the bezel drops off at the lugs and you can’t attach your own straps, but she is a beauty.
Indeed, there are so many options. Yeah that's true, I would recommend buying a lightly used one, I mean it is built like a tank (pun intended). I think they were going for the AP Royal Oak look with the integrated bracelet.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Indeed, there are so many options. Yeah that's true, I would recommend buying a lightly used one, I mean it is built like a tank (pun intended). I think they were going for the AP Royal Oak look with the integrated bracelet.
There’s worse places to find inspiration.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sorry. Seem to have high-hacked the thread a little. I promise to post (hopefully) my new seiko arrival tomorrow

4601 - 4620 of 4658 Posts