The Watch Site banner

4441 - 4460 of 4462 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Im not that crazy about the other two colors. But this silver dial one is a really cool release.
I like my watches boring so black/white/silver usually but the green on the high-res images wasn't bad either. I think what really stands out is the bezel. Love the vintage look, nothing similar that is in production comes to my mind apart from the Sinn 103.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Well my Kakume came in today! The dial looks beautiful and better than this photo captures. The movement is very clean. The issue is that it’s not running. I gently moved the balance wheel and it is definitely binding on something. If I had to guess I’d say the watch was dropped and something jammed. No service marks on the caseback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,953 Posts
Well my Kakume came in today! The dial looks beautiful and better than this photo captures. The movement is very clean. The issue is that it’s not running. I gently moved the balance wheel and it is definitely binding on something. If I had to guess I’d say the watch was dropped and something jammed. No service marks on the caseback.

Very nice the Kakume looks promising, should be an easy fix hopefully. :)

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
This one is on its way. Description said it was working. Now I just need to look in the catalogs or for pics to determine what the original finish looked like. Once my watchmaker opens back up for business I will drop it off for an overhaul and gentle refinishing. 7006-7189 1.jpg 7006-7189 3.jpg 7006-7189 2.jpg

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Very nice the Kakume looks promising, should be an easy fix hopefully. :)
Thank you. I’ll post pics when it’s done.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Ugh, can’t stay away from our favorite auction site deals. This one came back after non-payment. I offered the seller a reasonable price and he accepted. Should be on the way to me today. I’ve been chasing a gold proof dial for some time. Thanks to Brian for giving me the alert.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
And, this just came in fro FL. This might be the deal of the year (and last) considering it’s cost and condition. Dial is immaculate, clean movement with decent amplitude and little MS barrel movement, hands reset to zero, calendar function works including quick-set. Just thrilled.

Any idea on this bracelet? It seems authentic Seiko, but is for 18mm lug spacing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This one is in the mail from Sweden, so I'll probably be waiting a looong time. I have all 3 "Real" Knights (7S26-01X0's) but the pip is missing from the bezel on the black one, and it is on a rubber strap. I am going to swap out the bezel and bracelet and then put this back on eBay (unless I love it). Then I will send #3 to International Watch Works for bead blasting and have the only 3 like this that I know of!

·
Registered
389 Posts
I went in a slightly different direction. I’ve been thinking lately that my Pogue Menagerie needs a later-production 6139-6005 ... one of those with the sort of blue-green dial. I nabbed this disassembled-but-complete example — it’ll need a few replacement parts, like a better dial and primary handset, but the price was basically parts value.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I got the Proof gold dial in today. It looks very good overall with a couple of dial buggers that I hope will be ok. It runs as expected and the movement is very clean with little MS arbor port wear. The big issue is that the chronograph doesn’t run. I hope it’s not another chronograph wheel issue which has befallen my JDM blue dial. The stem may not be right as it won’t change the day and doesn’t operate the inner bezel even though it has the gear attached. We’ll see what happens when it gets to the restorers.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
From Simon. I’ll post more later when it gets in to me in the US.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Oh and for only $28US I got this little bit of history.

4441 - 4460 of 4462 Posts