The Watch Site banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Special Member
867 Posts
Not the best photo, but it looks legit. Not a problem to relume … dials are problematic when the markers are corroded, but these markers are fine. “R” dials like this can have smudgy text, but this one looks nice and sharp. Simon could make this look dial like new, or maybe better. He restored one for me that started out much worse than this.

I see a Roman/English day wheel and a Stelux President bracelet, both of which are correct for a silver -6002. It’s hard to see if the sweep hand and sub dial hand are matching shades of red, i.e. one may have been replaced. And I would probably try to swap in a less faded inner ring. But I wouldn’t let either of those be a deal breaker.

It’s also hard to see if the case has been polished but even if it has, it’s not much of a problem to replace the mid-case. Overall this looks like a pretty good restoration candidate.

·
First Lady
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Scott. There are lots of pics. To my untrained eye, it has not been over polished. The case back looks great. Seller asking way too much, and I told him that. I can pick this up at an almost reasonable price. Seller says everything works fine, but I never believe what they say about that, and assume It will need at least a complete service. Movement pics do look very clean.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
8,421 Posts

Looks good to me. Seller from South America. I wish the lume were in better shape, but could have Simon redo it, perhaps.

All original except perhaps the sweep hand; Roman wheel checks and the president is correct.

This one can clean up very well.

·
Special Member
3,473 Posts
Yes, all the important parts of this watch look good to me Kat. What does the seller want for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
First Lady
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, all the important parts of this watch look good to me Kat. What does the seller want for it?

Way too much! He asked for 1265. I countered at 600. He countered at 700. I countered again, hoping to get it for $650.

·
Special Member
1,933 Posts
Way too much! He asked for 1265. I countered at 600. He countered at 700. I countered again, hoping to get it for $650.

Shout out down the rabbit hole: what do you suppose the final cost will be when it's done? 😬
Trying to play devil's advocate here... 😉

·
First Lady
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After service and relume, over a grand, which will be about 200 more than each of the other 3. I have a 3rd one that Simon is working on now. This will be my 4th.

·
Craftsman
4,114 Posts
I've got it's twin inbound. Same year, model, + dial color just 22 digits + 3000 miles away for this one.

Mines a little rougher for wear but that will be remedied muy pronto.........:)

·
Special Member
3,432 Posts
After service and relume, over a grand, which will be about 200 more than each of the other 3. I have a 3rd one that Simon is working on now. This will be my 4th.

Did you get it? I'd be all over that for $700

Rob

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Craftsman
4,114 Posts
Did you get it? I'd be all over that for $700

Rob

Offer is still pending. Time will tell..............:)

·
First Lady
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did get it. Tried to get it a bit lower, but ultimately gave him the $700.00. I guess I got spoiled, having gotten the other 3 for between 400 and 500 each. I wasn’t aware the silver dial was so much more rare than the gold and blue. Everything is all original, including the President bracelet. I will see if Simon has access to a nos inner bezel, and ask if he can relume it.

·
Special Member
3,473 Posts
Simon did my no date restoration Kat. I got my watch in 2019 for the same price you paid out of Greece. It had some oil on the dial that Simon couldn’t get off completely so yours might come out even better than mine did.

·
First Lady
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Simon did my no date restoration Kat. I got my watch in 2019 for the same price you paid out of Greece. It had some oil on the dial that Simon couldn’t get off completely so yours might come out even better than mine did.

Very nice. I am excited. I looked through all the pics. The case edges are very sharp, the case back markings nice and deep. Everything looks great. Seller claims it’s in perfect working order. It’s coming from South America. Amazing he accepted 700, when asking 1260…. I am wondering if I should try to source a black inner chapter ring.

·
Special Member
2,823 Posts
Congrats Kat, nice catch! I would stay with the original one. Especially since the numbers are still good to see. Just adds to the watchs charisma.

·
First Lady
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congrats Kat, nice catch! I would stay with the original one. Especially since the numbers are still good to see. Just adds to the watchs charisma.
Yes, I like to keep them all original, if I can. I did read that the silver dial variants came with black inner chapter rings, and that the black ones don’t fade, so I thought maybe this one was not original, but that doesn’t make sense, because the dial is obviously all original.

·
First Lady
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think you did very well, Kat. Congrats

Rob

Thanks, Rob. I was thinking I paid too much, but given what all the silver ones are listed at, maybe not. I noticed the ones from Turkey all look too good, and are perhaps redials, and saw some redial resists elsewhere, so was careful.

·
Administrator
34,144 Posts
I was talking with a friend yesterday and he was saying the no text dial seems less common that the resist dial.

Watch Analog watch Product Blue Azure

1 - 20 of 78 Posts