The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 575 Posts

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought I would add this thread seeing as there’s a what are you listening to,Reading etc.

We all watch movies or go to movies and I’m a big Home Cinema fan
Watching a lot of movies on my Sony 4K Blu Ray player or just downloaded 1080p or 10bit HEVC movie files so a what are you watching and either a good review or a Bad Tomato I think would be great to see what we all think of what we are watching.

Ok tonight I’ve just watched 2 new movies:-

I Tonya:- which I totally enjoyed and associated with as being an ex Ice Hockey player in the 80,s I remember all the controversy with her.
Margot Robbie did a great Job as Tonya and regardless she’s a babe!!
Yet in my opinion her husband and her mother stole the show.Some choice Language but apparently Tonya and her mother were real Trailer Trash.
My Rating 9/10

All the money in the world:- Mmmmm set in the 70,s about the True story of the kidnapping of John Paul GettyIII.
Starring role taken by English Actor Christopher Plummer which after reading was originally Kevin Spaceys part but for whatever reason pulled out?
Either way the film in my opinion is long and drawn out and actually quite boring.Spacey May have made a difference if he had played the Lead.
My Rating 5/10

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Just thought I would add this thread seeing as there’s a what are you listening to,Reading etc.

We all watch movies or go to movies and I’m a big Home Cinema fan
Watching a lot of movies on my Sony 4K Blu Ray player or just downloaded 1080p or 10bit HEVC movie files so a what are you watching and either a good review or a Bad Tomato I think would be great to see what we all think of what we are watching.

Ok tonight I’ve just watched 2 new movies:-

I Tonya:- which I totally enjoyed and associated with as being an ex Ice Hockey player in the 80,s I remember all the controversy with her.
Margot Robbie did a great Job as Tonya and regardless she’s a babe!!
Yet in my opinion her husband and her mother stole the show.Some choice Language but apparently Tonya and her mother were real Trailer Trash.
My Rating 9/10

All the money in the world:- Mmmmm set in the 70,s about the True story of the kidnapping of John Paul GettyIII.
Starring role taken by English Actor Christopher Plummer which after reading was originally Kevin Spaceys part but for whatever reason pulled out?
Either way the film in my opinion is long and drawn out and actually quite boring.Spacey May have made a difference if he had played the Lead.
My Rating 5/10
I remember when that happened. It's too bad Tonya still got the fame (she doesn't deserve it) and hardly anyone remembers Nancy Kerrigan, the victim.

That aside I just starting watching 'Krypton', a pre-Superman series on TV and another series on Netflix called 'Altered Carbon'. New season of 'Trailer Park Boys' just started too.

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I remember when that happened. It's too bad Tonya still got the fame (she doesn't deserve it) and hardly anyone remembers Nancy Kerrigan, the victim.

That aside I just starting watching 'Krypton', a pre-Superman series on TV and another series on Netflix called 'Altered Carbon'. New season of 'Trailer Park Boys' just started too.
Zeke very True.I Tonya is worth a watch though I really enjoyed it.
As for Altered Carbon ive also been watching that on Netflix,Really good sci fi and great effects for a series.Definitely one to watch.the main guy is out of Suicide Squad.

Saying that one series on Netflix I thought was awesome is called 7 seconds or Seven seconds.Really blew me away and I could not stop watching every episode that became an all nighter at one point.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Hey @theneilo1, Kev didn't pull out - the movie was finished then everything about his predatory behaviour came out and the director elected to cast a new lead and reshoot all his scenes. I wonder if the Spacey version will ever surface?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,394 Posts
'El Topo' and Dennis Hoppers 'The Last Movie', last time I watch them let me say that much. 4 hours I will never get back!

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey @theneilo1, Kev didn't pull out - the movie was finished then everything about his predatory behaviour came out and the director elected to cast a new lead and reshoot all his scenes. I wonder if the Spacey version will ever surface?

Well well!! Thanks Tritto for that as I really only heard rumours.
Can’t see his version coming out now can you?
Plummer did quite a good job but to be fair the movie was Pants.
I stayed the distance hoping it was going to get better!! Ah well.

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok here’s a hidden gem for you all on Netflix.

Series called Seven Seconds.

Absolutely binged on this for 10hrs.
Not a bad actor/Actress in the whole series.
It covers all aspects of personal and institutional Racism in the USA unfortunately but a Damned good show!!
Well impressed.The Lead performance played by an African American woman was outstanding and she’s UK born.
This has everything.A child involved in a hit and Run,Good cops,Bad Cops,Lies,deceit,Drugs,Booze,and the Lead performer doing everything she can to get to the Truth.Superb.

I’m giving this 10/10 without hesitation.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Ok here’s a hidden gem for you all on Netflix.

Series called Seven Seconds.

Absolutely binged on this for 10hrs.

Not a bad actor/Actress in the whole series.

It covers all aspects of personal and institutional Racism in the USA unfortunately but a Damned good show!!

Well impressed.The Lead performance played by an African American woman was outstanding and she’s UK born.

This has everything.A child involved in a hit and Run,Good cops,Bad Cops,Lies,deceit,Drugs,Booze,and the Lead performer doing everything she can to get to the Truth.Superb.

I’m giving this 10/10 without hesitation.

I've just watched the first episode of this and agree it looks good. Have you watched The Killing? It's very good and created by the same writer - Veena Sud. Should be on Netflix too.

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've just watched the first episode of this and agree it looks good. Have you watched The Killing? It's very good and created by the same writer - Veena Sud. Should be on Netflix too.

Glad you’ve watched the first episode of second seconds,I was hooked after the first and just cracked on with the series as it just gets better and better.
The Lead (KJ Harper) apart from being a bit of an alcoholic she does drive the series and then all the other actors add more and more.
It’s a series that leaves you wondering if the Judicial system is like this rverywhere?
Either way compelling viewing in my opinion.

Thanks for the heads up on the Killing as it’s now on my list.

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A co-worker told me about this today, premiers this Friday April, 13 on Netflix.

Zeke another now on my list.
Love a little Sci fi.

I’m watching Altered Carbon at the minute on Netflix which is Brilliant
And one I recommend also.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Zeke another now on my list.

Love a little Sci fi.

I’m watching Altered Carbon at the minute on Netflix which is Brilliant

And one I recommend also.

If you like a little SciFi, check out Ascension on NetFlix. 3x 1.2 minute episodes. Plenty of twists and turns.

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you like a little SciFi, check out Ascension on NetFlix. 3x 1.2 minute episodes. Plenty of twists and turns.

Will do thanks very much.
Another on my list now.

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Ok jumped off Netflix tonight and watched a newish movie I downloaded a few weeks ago called
Annihilation!!!! (Since found out it’s actually on Netflix)??

Review wise:::: I really don’t know where or how to start as I don’t think I’ve ever been this confused and speechless!!
Sci fi? Is it? Horror? Is it? Adventure drama?Maybe?

Spectacle wise beautiful images but story wise I could only at this moment in time describe it as Very Dark and Bizarre.
Maybe a second viewing will give me some idea of what I watched?

Attachments

·
"The Prospector"
4,531 Posts
Last night as there was sod all on TV to float my boat as usual, I watched Deep Water Horizon first off, then The Revenant to finish off the night with a bottle of Merlot, I stayed off of eBay, so there was nothing on my phone this morning from eBay to say I had won 3 watches, that I didn't remember putting in offers on !!:rolleyes::rolleyes: . I still have the new version of Dunkirk and The Mummy (with Tom Cruise) too watch.

Deep Water Horizon was a bad ass movie, as to the Revenant Hmmm it did go on a tad, i found myself getting bored towards the end of the movie !! One for Cash Convertors I think :)

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Last night as there was sod all on TV to float my boat as usual, I watched Deep Water Horizon first off, then The Revenant to finish off the night with a bottle of Merlot, I stayed off of eBay, so there was nothing on my phone this morning from eBay to say I had won 3 watches, that I didn't remember putting in offers on !!:rolleyes::rolleyes: . I still have the new version of Dunkirk and The Mummy (with Tom Cruise) too watch.

Deep Water Horizon was a bad ass movie, as to the Revenant Hmmm it did go on a tad, i found myself getting bored towards the end of the movie !! One for Cash Convertors I think :)
vynster-

This pair of movies you have listed that you still have to watch has caused me to throw my $.02 cents into the ring. I enjoyed Dunkirk here at home a month ago on the NVIDIA Shield. Multiple Academy Award nominations and 3 statues to take home all in sound and sound editing catagories. Not the most prestigious categories but wins nonetheless. I found it to be a totally watchable war movie about WWI.The Mummy with Tom Cruise ? It's nearly 2 hours of my life that I will never get back, lost forever, haha. If you like funhouse horrors lead by a matinee idol with no idea whats going on, enjoy ! I have heard of those who actually started to enjoy the movie as it went on yet it is not like the previous movies in the franchise in my opinion. It is much more edgy, dark and occultish in nature and not as much the enjoyable adventure based film such as Brendan Frasers Mummy movies.
Recently viewed: The Shape of Water- a storyline out of left field but still recommended. 3 billboards...- Loved Frances McDormand but was a bit uncomfortable with excessive foul language in spots and I left the movie feeling unfulfilled, go figure.Grand Budapest Hotel- quirky and enjoyable from beginning to end ! Check out all of Wes Anderson's works, he loves to use the same pool of actors in his movies and I have enjoyed EVERY ONE without exception. Happy viewing !

·
"The Prospector"
4,531 Posts
Thank you for your $0.02 cents worth :) Maybe i'll watch Dunkirk first off then and The Mummy at some point .....
vynster-

This pair of movies you have listed that you still have to watch has caused me to throw my $.02 cents into the ring. I enjoyed Dunkirk here at home a month ago on the NVIDIA Shield. Multiple Academy Award nominations and 3 statues to take home all in sound and sound editing catagories. Not the most prestigious categories but wins nonetheless. I found it to be a totally watchable war movie about WWI.The Mummy with Tom Cruise ? It's nearly 2 hours of my life that I will never get back, lost forever, haha. If you like funhouse horrors lead by a matinee idol with no idea whats going on, enjoy ! I have heard of those who actually started to enjoy the movie as it went on yet it is not like the previous movies in the franchise in my opinion. It is much more edgy, dark and occultish in nature and not as much the enjoyable adventure based film such as Brendan Frasers Mummy movies.
Recently viewed: The Shape of Water- a storyline out of left field but still recommended. 3 billboards...- Loved Frances McDormand but was a bit uncomfortable with excessive foul language in spots and I left the movie feeling unfulfilled, go figure.Grand Budapest Hotel- quirky and enjoyable from beginning to end ! Check out all of Wes Anderson's works, he loves to use the same pool of actors in his movies and I have enjoyed EVERY ONE without exception. Happy viewing !

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Valerian. Meh. Probably could have better spent the time scratching my ass.

Watch happened to Monday. Ok I guess.

Dark on Netflix. Make sure you watch the subtitled version, not the English dubbed version. The voice actors for the dubbed version SUCKED. Definitely worth checking out though.

Ladybird. Worth checking out. Yeah, so what if it’s a chick flick. Don’t judge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
The Shape of Water- a storyline out of left field but still recommended. 3 billboards...- Loved Frances McDormand but was a bit uncomfortable with excessive foul language in spots and I left the movie feeling unfulfilled, go figure.Grand Budapest Hotel- quirky and enjoyable from beginning to end ! Check out all of Wes Anderson's works, he loves to use the same pool of actors in his movies and I have enjoyed EVERY ONE without exception. Happy viewing !

Shape of water was quite odd, but the cinematography and set design was phenomenal. The acting quite good too.

Grand Budapest was fun. Folks should also check out moonrise kingdom if they haven’t already. Going to see isle of dogs next Friday.

May have to re-watch some Jim Jarmusch flix soon. Only Lovers Left Alive and Mystery Train especially.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I love Wes Anderson’s Fantastic Mr Fox, short but superb, so went to Isle of Dogs with my family last week. I enjoyed it. Very quirky and interesting, my 7yo liked it in the main, my wife fell asleep.

I’ll look out for some of those mentioned for Netflix, love a bit of sci-fi. Altered Carbon for me is a bit up and down, but working my way though it. The Crossing (on Amazon Prime I think) looks quite good from the trailers (but that’s what trailers are for!). I loved the series Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency, but lots won’t.

Dunkirk I saw at the pictures - very good. The ticking clock effect is great.

Currently nearing the end (I think) of Below the Surface which is a Danish series. Not too bad. Not as good as The Bridge or The Killing, but make sure to watch the Scandinavian originals with subtitles.

Oh - and Grand Budapest Hotel I could almost cry the cinematography is so good. If you watch closely, you can pause the film at almost any point and the framing is unbelievable. Every scene you could print out as a picture and hang on the wall. Beautiful.

1 - 20 of 575 Posts