The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a dumb question (no - there's no such thing as dumb question, only dumb people :-[ ) but is the SKX007 bezel stainless steel? Is it chrome plated?

I ask because it is just so damn shiny!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
jason_recliner said:
This might be a dumb question (no - there's no such thing as dumb question, only dumb people :-[ ) but is the SKX007 bezel stainless steel? Is it chrome plated?

I am sure it is stainless steel. ;)

·
Registered
221 Posts
jason_recliner said:

Good question, I know what you mean! If you compare a 6309-divers bezel to an SKX007-bezel, you see a difference. You can see that the 6309-bezel is machined whereas the 007-bezel doesn't show any sign of machining. The same *shinyness* everywhere! I also thought it looks chrome-plated. But then, I have never seen one loosing the plating.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
swing---kid said:
Good question, I know what you mean! If you compare a 6309-divers bezel to an SKX007-bezel, you see a difference. You can see that the 6309-bezel is machined whereas the 007-bezel doesn't show any sign of machining. The same *shinyness* everywhere! I also thought it looks chrome-plated. But then, I have never seen one loosing the plating.

I'd like to think I'm still too young to say "they don't make them like they used too", but... The entry-level divers of years past definitely exude a bit more quality than the current generation. Don't get me wrong, I love the '007, but it doesn't hold a candle to the older models.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm thinking Seiko uses a lot more mass-produced techniques when it comes to utilizing polishing machines that round off the sharp edges, they may even deliberately de-burr the bezel first, then polish it out, which would really cause the soft look.

I too definitely like the crisper style of the older bezels, to bad they can't be swapped.

Best,

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts