• Somthing else

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be interesting to see if others notice things I am constantly seeing when browsing through and looking at vintage Seiko watches. Here are some of the ones I see the most. I think number one would be "James Bond" watch. It seems every single digital Seiko from the 80's has been listed as the James Bond model at one time or another. I just saw an H601 analog/digital dress watch listed as a James Bond watch!
I am not a James Bond movie fan and I have never watch a single James Bond movie starring anyone in my life so I don't know which model actually is the real one but it amazes me how many different ones have been listed that way. How about anyone else?

Michael

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
well it seems like they all try and add some kind of hook to those who know very little...i have learned that keeping things simple is always best...and things will sell fast...just a example...before i got sick this last time..i got this very sad old Remington 870 from a friend who had given up on it...stocks were perfect and i know i would never use them...so i set them aside...fast forward till now...i had forgot all about them...so i made a nice listing and kept it so simple and clear and put them on the bay.... less than 24 hours..they sold for more than i expected...people think big money equals many words..simple is always best

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
NOS pisses me off when used to describe something in good condition but not new or not old stock.

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
me too...if it is NOS..it is..it can not be used and nos

NOS pisses me off when used to describe something in good condition but not new or not old stock.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yes, the 007 bit gets me along with 'like new' or 'excellent condition' when it obviously isn't. 'Very original' is another over used term from the Guild of Pisspoor Dial Painters & Re-decorators. But as mentioned earlier top prize must go to 'rare' including prefixes such as 'mega', 'super', 'extremely' etc. etc.

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
I love this..it is exactly what says what i was thinking...thank you

Yes, the 007 bit gets me along with 'like new' or 'excellent condition' when it obviously isn't. 'Very original' is another over used term from the Guild of Pisspoor Dial Painters & Re-decorators. But as mentioned earlier top prize must go to 'rare' including prefixes such as 'mega', 'super', 'extremely' etc. etc.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All these things are annoying if the watch is garbage.

According to this source there are about 13 seiko watches in James bond movies.....
http://www.jamesbondwatches.com/the-list-eon-movies.htm

So from what I can see the only digital watch was the M354 model which it looks like it appeared in more than one movie. I was surprised to see that the gold dual analog/digital watch was actually used twice in 007 movies. Nothing very high tech about that watch? I have seen at least 12 different Seiko digitals listed as 007 watches on eBay.

Michael

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
'Minty' - unless it can be used to freshen one's breath.
OMG that is the absolute most despised word I come across to advertise anything on any type of media. If I see the word "Minty" used in the title description of any item I automatically pass it right over. I would love the club the person to death who started that trend with a sack full of cheap broken watches!!!

Michael

·
Registered
400 Posts
OMG that is the absolute most despised word I come across to advertise anything on any type of media. If I see the word "Minty" used in the title description of any item I automatically pass it right over. I would love the club the person to death who started that trend with a sack full of cheap broken watches!!!

Michael
The first guy who used the m-word was probably not that bad of a guy, but all the guys who glombed onto it afterwards are kind of lame in my opinion.:)

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I'm gonna throw in "tuna". IMHO not everything with a shroud is a tuna. Also see a bunch of modded 7002 and 6309 divers being hawked with tuna in the description. What's up with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 29 Posts