The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a Citizen Eco-drive 300m watch with 20mm lugs. I find the standard Citizen rubber straps uncomfortable. I generally prefer steel bracelets, but if I go with rubber...any suggestions for a soft but durable rubber strap?

I have a small wrist, so straps meant for Andre the Giant are out of there for me!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I prefer the tropic style natural rubber straps that Squinky sells on ebay. I have one on both of my 6105's. Super comfortable.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Personally, I think the Citizen Promaster 20mm straps are the most comfortable ones...
I heard about some Hirsch-rubber straps ("Extreme") which are suppoed to be comfy, but those cost a fortune and look weird (to me).

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I find that nothing beats Silicone for comfort when it comes to rubber straps. Those are super soft (though not necessarily super tough). Maratac Elites area avery nice compromise, as it is a rubberized nylon which makes allows the strap to have the softness and toughness of the nylon and padding, with the all weather protection of rubber. I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Flat vent Z 22 for me!

Gently heat treat (NO BOILING! merely soak in 150 degree F water for a few minutes) to put a permanent curve in the strap, fits just fine. Must have the real thing made of polyurethane, no "aftermarket" straps made of polyvinyl chloride (they curl up into a ball of goo when heat treated).

·
Registered
669 Posts
Silicone rubber is comfortably soft, but also flabby, gummy, sweat-producing and a dust magnet. I like rubber (synthetic or latex) better. See the Bonetto Cinturinis at The Watch Prince, or various OEM Seiko and Citizen straps (although it seems like you don't like those).

·
Registered
147 Posts
Kelly said:
I prefer the tropic style natural rubber straps that Squinky sells on ebay. I have one on both of my 6105's. Super comfortable.
Can we say "natural" rubber strap is more comfortable than "polyurethane" rubber strap?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the coments. Guess I'll try the Maratac Elites and a natural rubber strap - the prices are low enough not to raise the wife's eyebrows, and besides, this is only my second watch in 2 years (the other was a nice brown Nighthawk from the forum).

K

·
0 Posts
I gotta say its the original Seiko strap that came with my Orange Monster. Is that a z20? Im not sure.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'll throw in a thanks for the suggestions! I have a skx175 and a monster that I want to be be able to switch out of the bracelet now and then. I don't like the bulk of the Wave vent straps, the Hirsch Extreme looks way too bulky and the generic silicone strap I have is way to Tacky (looks good just feels to "grippy" on the wrist.
Both the Seiko Flat vent strap and the maratac elites look good. I think I would like to try a natural rubber strap (Marathon type?) In the pics they look smooth but comfortable and not so much of a lint magnet.
If anybody would like to throw up pics of their favorites, I'm sure they would be appreciated!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Silicone straps are comfortable but note very long lasting and not very reliable IMO and IME.

The best rubber strap I ever had was the natural rubber strap made by Bonetto Cinturini. They smell like vanilla and are super comfortable and durable.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Τhis is the most comfortable rubber i ever owned :great:
Υobokies waffle

it wears great on the wrist.
almost as soft as silicone,but not a dust magnet

and it has the same deep Abyss black colour like the dial of the tuna >:D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts