The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally wanted to keep my watch stock but after trying a borrowed GMT insert would like to fit one.

The source of the borrowed insert is unknown so I am hoping for some recommendations.

My preference would be for a flat insert with a fat font for the numbers.

If self isolation means you can spare the time to post pictures and supplier details that would be much appreciated.

Keep safe guys, Jack

·
Registered
251 Posts
This has my interest.

but,
slightly different.

what is a drop in bezel insert with the same font as a classic 6309, 7002, SKX, etc. diver,
but is ceramic with Lume?

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I originally wanted to keep my watch stock but after trying a borrowed GMT insert would like to fit one.

The source of the borrowed insert is unknown so I am hoping for some recommendations.

My preference would be for a flat insert with a fat font for the numbers.

If self isolation means you can spare the time to post pictures and supplier details that would be much appreciated.

Keep safe guys, Jack
There is a Pepsi and a black AM insert for that model but you're very unlikely to come up with a GMT insert. I've never seen one in that smaller mid size.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks ramairthree and nzwatchdoctor for replies and I do now have two GMT inserts that fit this watch.

The borrowed one mentioned in my post and another that I found in my 'spares' box yesterday which originally came from the Philippines.

I will get some pics up in next day or or so.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Thanks ramairthree and nzwatchdoctor for replies and I do now have two GMT inserts that fit this watch.

The borrowed one mentioned in my post and another that I found in my 'spares' box yesterday which originally came from the Philippines.

I will get some pics up in next day or or so.

I look forward to seeing them and how well they fit. I've bought, done up and sold a few of that model and looked for inserts (above) but never (looked for) GMT ones.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quick pics ...................

On the left is a new after market bezel insert specifically for a 7s26 0040 from the Philippines bought on ebay. On the right is a used and borrowed aftermarket Rolex bezel.

bez1.jpg

bez2.jpg

This the Philippines insert not pushed all the way in ........

bez4.jpg

Rolex insert.....................

bez3.jpg

I am waiting for an aftermarket chapter ring to arrive and plan to replace the badly scratched crystal and bezel insert at the same time.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Quick pics ...................

On the left is a new after market bezel insert specifically for a 7s26 0040 from the Philippines bought on ebay. On the right is a used and borrowed aftermarket Rolex bezel.

View attachment 446587

View attachment 446588

This the Philippines insert not pushed all the way in ........

View attachment 446589

Rolex insert.....................

View attachment 446590

I am waiting for an aftermarket chapter ring to arrive and plan to replace the badly scratched crystal and bezel insert at the same time.
That's a good buy! There are AM glasses that are good. Bezel - you should be able to sand/buff to get it looking good again ;-)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a good buy! There are AM glasses that are good. Bezel - you should be able to sand/buff to get it looking good again ;-)
Hi Paul,

The aftermarket GMT bezel was from Ramon on ebay - he is away at the moment but he regularly has them and they are quite cheap.

I have managed to buy two original NOS crystals still in sealed packaging. However I have also bought an AM crystal which is just slightly thicker as I prefer the crystal to just stand proud of the bezel insert. Will give this a go first.

Jack

1 - 8 of 8 Posts