The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I was cleaning some of my drawers and put a few bits on eBay, including 2-3 vintage Seiko bracelets from some watches I've had. Since I was never a fan of the folded type bracelets I always removed them immediately and put it on a strap instead.

So it came as a huge surprise when I listed this particular one on eBay and I was expecting to maybe reach 10-15$ and now I see it's gone close to 50$ with some hours to go :confused:

Can someone maybe educate me? As far as I remember it came with a very "plain" 70s-80s Seiko 5, definitely not a KS or GS which would have been stamped on the clasp anyway.

So, as the title says, what is so special about this particular bracelet that it reached such a high price ? I'm almost feeling bad and hoping that people are not confusing it for some other bracelet and get dissapointed when they get it although I put lotsa pictures at hi-res showing the bracelet front and back. :undecided:

I am attaching some photos:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
P.S. I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this, I am in no way trying to advertise it, hence why I did not include any links to the auction.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Oh my god! You have that one? There is rumoured to be only 3 in existence , the other two are in private collections in Tokyo and the Seiko Corp have been trying to track down the third........ Congratulations, it was hand forged by the last son of a Samurai on his death bed using the steel from the Emperors belt buckle.......

* I may just be very tired and made all the above up......

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
If the lug width is 19mm that might be a factor since that's a tough size to find branded, but I've got nothing else.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh my god! You have that one? There is rumoured to be only 3 in existence , the other two are in private collections in Tokyo and the Seiko Corp have been trying to track down the third........ Congratulations, it was hand forged by the last son of a Samurai on his death bed using the steel from the Emperors belt buckle.......

* I may just be very tired and made all the above up......
:D:D:D

If the lug width is 19mm that might be a factor since that's a tough size to find branded, but I've got nothing else.
Nope, its actually 18mm

Indeed.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Stelux bracelets are a bit better quality than unbranded vintage Seiko bracelets. Yours looks to be in good condition with very little wear, and has all (or nearly all) it's links.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Stelux bracelets are a bit better quality than unbranded vintage Seiko bracelets. Yours looks to be in good condition with very little wear, and has all (or nearly all) it's links.
Ah, I see...so it's the Stelux branding then. Didn't even add that in the title, had no clue . The two top bidders are from Japan and Singapore respectively so I guess they know their stuff.

It's gone even higher now t, close to 60$ :sleep:

Goes to show you never now what treasures lie hidden in one's "pile of undesirables"...I believe all us vintage fans have one of those. :grin:

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Maybe now when ever you get a lot of things and you want to
get rid of them you should always post some thing about them before you
dump them. Some day you might have some thing that you would make a mistake with and come out in a high lost for them.

I like finding out about things before I get rid of some thing all the time.
A simple maybe pictures or questions could be done. Especially with these watch doings.

Never over estimate some thing and then ..... " LOOSE OUT ".

" One might be surprise of what ( VALUE'S ), one has ". :72::72:

·
Registered
812 Posts

* I may just be very tired and made all the above up.....
there is rumored to be a fourth which was originally on a watch given to Princess Di and lost in in the car fire. Its rumored one of the first responder found it and is looking for a buyer

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Take the money and run.

As long as you didn't falsely claim it was originally found on this or that model and just said old unknown Seiko bracelet then your conscience should be clear and karma smiled upon you for it.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Well I'd quite like it to fit to my 6138 8030. No, it's not the correct bracelet for that model, but finding good 18mm Seiko bracelets with straight end links isn't easy. I wouldn't be paying $60 or more though.

Best of luck with the auction - I hope it gets you enough cash to buy yourself something pretty.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Recently I was cleaning some of my drawers and put a few bits on eBay, including 2-3 vintage Seiko bracelets from some watches I've had. Since I was never a fan of the folded type bracelets I always removed them immediately and put it on a strap instead.

So it came as a huge surprise when I listed this particular one on eBay and I was expecting to maybe reach 10-15$ and now I see it's gone close to 50$ with some hours to go :confused:

Can someone maybe educate me? As far as I remember it came with a very "plain" 70s-80s Seiko 5, definitely not a KS or GS which would have been stamped on the clasp anyway.

So, as the title says, what is so special about this particular bracelet that it reached such a high price ? I'm almost feeling bad and hoping that people are not confusing it for some other bracelet and get dissapointed when they get it although I put lotsa pictures at hi-res showing the bracelet front and back. :undecided:

I am attaching some photos:

Nothing ;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Everything went well, buyer paid and the bracelet is on its way to Italy, gave him free tracked shipping since the price went to high so fingers crossed :grin:

Take the money and run.

As long as you didn't falsely claim it was originally found on this or that model and just said old unknown Seiko bracelet then your conscience should be clear and karma smiled upon you for it.
Nope, definitely not title was "Genuine Seiko Vintage Bracelet 18mm" and I also kept the description to bare minimum as I always do with simple parts, this is all I had under description :grin:

VINTAGE SEIKO BRACELET

100% GENUINE/ORIGINAL SEIKO

GOOD CONDITION

18mm width

170mm/17cm long

BTW, I also had some Seiko Digitals listed, from the M929 line, both with complete original bracelets and working but those sold for 25$ each , so yeah, I guess how karma works, although I was expecting around the same since they're not so rare and I've had a look at some finished auctions. The only surprise was that bracelet and why that one, I've sold some others in the past but none have gone past the $20 mark although some were the same length or longer and some in even much better condition. :)

So in conclusion, lets just call it a fluke and leave it at that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts