The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about doing that mod where you stuff a modern GMT quartz movement into a 7002-7000 case.

The Ronda GMT in question takes a 160 size hand hole. It would be great to use an aftermarket version intended for fitting to 6117 World Time and Navigators. So I'm hoping that's the Seiko size.

Might anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I did this once - putting a GMT movement in a modern Seiko diver case. The movement I used was a 5m65 kinetic gmt movement, and I put it in an SKX diver case. Only necessary changes were a domed crystal to clear the taller stack of hands and some stem adapters to mate the stem to an AM SKX crown. Also, it was a date-only movement, so I used a Yobokies dial that was also date-only. I re-used the GMT hand from the kinetic (1.6mm) and bought a set of Sawtooth hands (when they were still available) from Monsterwatches Rob to complete the diver look. There's a brief write-up I did over on WUS a while back....

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Here's another thread I wrote up about it here on SCWF

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did this once - putting a GMT movement in a modern Seiko diver case. The movement I used was a 5m65 kinetic gmt movement, and I put it in an SKX diver case......There's a brief write-up I did over on WUS a while back....
Wow Tom amazing stuff !!! Thank you !

Especially good to know the option could be to use the 5M65 GMT hand with its 160 hole size.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts