The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
Sorry but you missed out there, that would have been the bargain of the year. That鈥檚 one of the rarest 6138s and they tend to be really expensive when they come up.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that鈥檚 what I thought. 馃が

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Now, if you鈥檒l excuse me, I have a lot of alcohol that鈥檚 not going to drink itself.

Registered
Wow, that's the model that's in the new Speedtimer Seiko book as the grail isn't it? Very rare indeed and this one seems to be a museum quality piece.

Registered
Am I missing something here...? I thought the 6138 grail is the 6138-8010 JDM with the blue dial...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Well I learned something a long time ago
If u decide u want something on a online auction and know it is reasonable...
Remember u are not the only one to see this and don't hesitate ...
If u do you will surely regret it
We all have been where u are
But remember this
There is always more watches out there
So many more watches out there
And I am sure you will not make this same mistake again if given the opportunity to buy one....
We all love and learn
God Bless,John
We all can not change the past no matter how badly we want too

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Registered
Am I missing something here...? I thought the 6138 grail is the 6138-8010 JDM with the blue dial...
Yes, you are right.

The 6138-8010 JDM was only produced for a few months. I have only seen serial numbers from Sept/Oct/Nov 1972. The dial is a beautiful iridescent blue with a subtle vertical stripe (not easily seen in photos). Rarely found, particulalrly with its original bespoke 5 Sports bracelet.

Here's mine:

The vertical stripe on the dial is easier to see in this picture:

Registered
Wise words right there. I have chased watches and had this fear that a great watch slipped my fingers at a price.

I felt the need to find that missing piece in the collection and would accept a lesser specimen for more money.

I had some great watches turn up when I wasn't really searching.

Just be ready to act on the right watch and not decide 5 mins before the end of the auction.

Registered
Yes, you are right.

The 6138-8010 JDM was only produced for a few months. I have only seen serial numbers from Sept/Oct/Nov 1972. The dial is a beautiful iridescent blue with a subtle vertical stripe (not easily seen in photos). Rarely found, particulalrly with its original bespoke 5 Sports bracelet.

Here's mine:

The vertical stripe on the dial is easier to see in this picture:

That looks fantastic ! Thanks for sharing Jim!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks everyone.

And yes, after an initial bout of hyperventilation I picked up on which posts were to be taken with a punch of salt.

As other have said, wise words John. I've been lucky before and have picked up some great watches at what I consider to be bargin prices, so it's silly to dwell on one.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts