The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
My Monster, which has the same movement found in those watches (7S26), runs at about 4-5 seconds fast a day. Admittedly though, I was the recipient of good luck on that one. ;)

·
Registered
400 Posts
mY Monster was the 1st to be regulated since I didn`t like the -14sec/24hours. After regulation, it was gainning 1 sec/48hours !!! Left it like that, and in about 2 weeks the movement "settled" for a more realistic value: +4 or +7 sec/24 hours. My 007 had to be regulated; It had 32sec/24hours. After regulating the movement, now it keeps about +5sec/24hours.
But boy!!! Are those 7S26 movt. a b!*ch to adjust !!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LES2900 said:
mY Monster was the 1st to be regulated since I didn`t like the -14sec/24hours. After regulation, it was gainning 1 sec/48hours !!! Left it like that, and in about 2 weeks the movement "settled" for a more realistic value: +4 or +7 sec/24 hours. My 007 had to be regulated; It had 32sec/24hours. After regulating the movement, now it keeps about +5sec/24hours.
But boy!!! Are those 7S26 movt. a b!*ch to adjust !!!!
Well, mine is running at +6 secs in 24 hours. Right out of the box. I guess I am fortunate. On another note, I am at a point in my watch collecting career that:
a) it is over
b) I will settle with my Seiko diver forever (hence my handle)
c) I know that nothing's forever, so I may wind p buying more Seiko divers anyway ... :p

:eek:

Thank you all for your replies.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have had mixed luck with the 7s26. After many watches I got a really good one in a SKX031. It was +2 out of the box and 8 months later it's still +2.

·
Registered
5 Posts
seikodiver4ever said:
Well, mine is running at +6 secs in 24 hours. Right out of the box.
At that rate, you should be able to use positional regulation to keep it running spot on. That is, determine how much gain or loss you see during the course of the day while it's on your wrist, then determine the storage position that best offsets that loss or gain.

My Orient Star Revolver is one of the most predictable watches I've had in that regard. It will reliably gain time when stored dial up, and reliably lose time when stored crown up. By switching the position it's in when I'm not wearing it, I've been able to keep it within 3-5 seconds (+ or -) of the time on the USNO Master Clock website since I got it, which was about three weeks ago I think.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Chance,

I have noticed that my watch, a 009J, has been gaining 4 secs over night while wearing it to bed. I'm one of those guys who has to have a big Seiko diver strapped to his wrist 24/7. During the day, while I'm at work, it'll gain 2 seconds. So, there it is.

Chance said:
At that rate, you should be able to use positional regulation to keep it running spot on. That is, determine how much gain or loss you see during the course of the day while it's on your wrist, then determine the storage position that best offsets that loss or gain.

My Orient Star Revolver is one of the most predictable watches I've had in that regard. It will reliably gain time when stored dial up, and reliably lose time when stored crown up. By switching the position it's in when I'm not wearing it, I've been able to keep it within 3-5 seconds (+ or -) of the time on the USNO Master Clock website since I got it, which was about three weeks ago I think.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts