The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
30,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All original and genuine, not modded or messed with, perhaps with box papers.

Basically the highest price you have seen for a nice/great genuine collectors piece.

And what is the highest price you have seen a piece of tack go for.

·
Registered
314 Posts
John I saw one on the Bay that looked the part of a ball original and it went for upwards of $500 if memory serves me right .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,933 Posts
Did it come with that box Jim ? did it have the strap or that bracelet ?
Yes I bought it with that box which actually may not be original, perhaps it's been switched with another. The bracelet certainly isn't, it's on rubber now. The papers are definitely correct.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
i paid $265 a few years ago, which was a lot then for that model, but it was like brand new. i recently plucked two off the 'bay for $200ish...super nice examples. patience is a virtue w/ these things i feel. there are TONS of them out there.

<* shark >>><

·
Administrator
30,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats superb Eric and being 87 very late as well, the Hong Kong dials/hands seem to keep very good imo but then again they are newer :)

ps: Any chance of a quality pic like that but showing all the text ? ideal for future reference for collectors :)

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Sold this unmolested Mint/NOS 1978 6309-7049 with the boxes and manuals for $600 usd last August to a private collector in Asia.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I paid £125 for mine, in very nice condition about 3 years ago. Not totally original, has some AM parts.
this sound ok?

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I recall one that was unworn with box/papers from an estate. Sold in the bay for around $850...4 or 5 years ago. There were a bunch of posts about it at the time.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Recently paid $500 US for a full original 6309-7049 in very good shape. Showed up with its GL831 strap frozen in transport and crumbled within the packaging. A regrettable proof of is aged providence indeed.

·
Premium Member
2,933 Posts
I paid €700 for this 1979 6306-7001 with original box and papers...

I've looked at it again this morning. I don't know why I doubted it last night. I am convinced the box is original (the papers certainly are, they have the watch model and serial number on them). Of course the bracelet is not original, it is now on rubber again. Does anyone here have a view on this?

·
Administrator
30,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've looked at it again this morning. I don't know why I doubted it last night. I am convinced the box is original (the papers certainly are, they have the watch model and serial number on them). Of course the bracelet is not original, it is now on rubber again. Does anyone here have a view on this?
Boxes are another thing I am no expert on but I do know that during the 80/90s when ever I bought a new Seiko(digital chrono,s ) the AD would ask if I wanted a box and then just rummage under the counter and come up with a "standard" Seiko box more often that not.

·
Premium Member
2,933 Posts
Boxes are another thing I am no expert on but I do know that during the 80/90s when ever I bought a new Seiko(digital chrono,s ) the AD would ask if I wanted a box and then just rummage under the counter and come up with a "standard" Seiko box more often that not.
That's still the case. I recently travelled from Heathrow T5 with a colleague. While we were waiting to board the plane he bought a 45mm Omega PO Liquid Metal from Goldsmiths in the terminal. They did exactly that, rummaged around to find a box it fitted in.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Found a 1981 6309-7049...

with original boxes, papers, receipt, and even price tag at a local antique mall several years ago. Bought it for the princely sum of $100. Sold it a few months later for a whopping $250. or so. How times have changed...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts