The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
....you end up with a Swiss one....and she spends all your money :eek:

When I got sucked into this Seiko madness about a year ago I promised myself I'd stay loyal. Seiko has some great vintage designs, they're affordable (for the most part) with a strong community willing to give a helping hand. But then I acquired a 6105-811x and that's when things began to unravel. Taken by this sexy 70's diver my eye started to wander to other curvaceous girls from the period...until finally I cheated. Bugger! And boy did I pay in spades! (excluding the 6105 she cost almost as much as my entire collection).

Anyway here's Miss Switzerland 1976 who's got me all bamboozled....

IMG_6913.jpg

IMG_6916.jpg

IMG_6922.jpg

IMG_6914.jpg

IMG_6926.jpg

The girls together......

IMG_6927.jpg

IMG_6931.jpg

Let's hope I can keep it in my pants from now on :grin:

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
That was a good job on ..... "Cheating ".....

And she is Gorgeous and very Beautiful.
I would do the same if it came up and I did not have one and I could squeeze it.
Your mind was all twisted , deformed and gazing, but when LOVE come's around who cares.

When I was Drag Racing in the 1960's- 1970's, when some one would ask me if I could,
would I do this everyday continually.
I use to reply back with this always :
" If I could only sell my Wife, keep my Rail, I would do this everyday, all year
long and it would not bother me ".

Well she always said :
" Go ahead and do it and see what you will be like with out me and how you would turn out ".
So I could not do it everyday, but I did it every other day and on weekends and it went great.

But I had to keep my Wife and keep her from finding out I was cheating on her with my
Top Fuel Dragster because if she found out I would be in a mess.
Because she was the .......... ,
" The Head Crew Chief we had, and she was the Head Mechanic and good at it."

She also did some driving for herself, and she was a winner ".
She made some money too.

But I still ...." Fooled around and Cheated with my Top Fueler behind her back a lot ".
I also bought a .... " Top Fuel Altered " and she did not find out until later that I was cheating
again with it too.
But then she knew about it too, but she still said she loved me.

So Bubba, ...... " You doing just fine, keep it up buddy " .
Just don't tell her, another one is moving in and will be shacking up with you also
and be sharing the watch box with her.

·
Registered
579 Posts
It's great looking! My prognosis? You're scr*w*d!! You should have stayed in the house, drawn the shades, and locked the doors!!

How do I know? I suffer from the same disease! Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Oh, and by the way, while it's not a huge watch, a Bulova Snorkel might be up your alley...similar case shape and wild hour indices! Dial made by Singer (made Rolex, UG, dials, etc). Sorry to add to your pain!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
That Certina is why I picked up a Helson Turtle. I didn't want to break the bank and still got the design I like so much. Wear that sweet looking piece in good health.

I also own a Snorkel so mks4 is clearly on to something.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Fantastic! A beauty .... I need you to do me a favour, take a loupe and really look hard on the caseback edge on the back of the watch and see if there is a serial number, mine has but I've never seen one of another, it's very feint and can imagine most have been polished off... I will try to get a photo.....

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
War and peace was shorter, long bike :) :)
Never read the book Vyn, but insights of cheating is always
good to know. One can still do it, until getting caught.
Like Women are from Venus and Men are from Mars.
Venus has always been smaller than Mars, but ........
" Mars has always been sought after more the ....... Venus ".
There is a difference when you are a ........... "Mar's Man",they always come looking for you to .....
" Do something for them ".
Mar's Man..... have always been a real satisfaction for ...... Venus's.
They just can't do without .......... " A Mar's Man ".
Know what I mean

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fantastic! A beauty .... I need you to do me a favour, take a loupe and really look hard on the caseback edge on the back of the watch and see if there is a serial number, mine has but I've never seen one of another, it's very feint and can imagine most have been polished off... I will try to get a photo.....
Hey Jason

Mine has a number on the case back I believe to be the Reference number. Is there a seperate serial number? I'm at work but when I get home I'll check.

Yes, the crystal is insane....6mm!!! Another interesting thing about this watch is that the entire movement is suspended in a rubber shock absorber. Hence the denotation DS which stands for 'double security'.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here's a pic (best I could do with an iPhone) of the number on the case back...the edges of the stamped numbers are still raised so I don't think this case has been polished. All the edges certainly look sharp and factory original....remarkable condition considering the age.

All the digits are there...919 1301 41....I believe this to be the 'Reference no.' The serial number I believe is stamped on the inside.

IMG_6934.jpg

IMG_6932.JPG

1 - 20 of 29 Posts