The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Supposing one had the essential elements of a 6105-8000, the case, the back, the bezel, crown, what would one need to build a watch? Crystal, gaskets, dial, hands...all easily attainable in some form or another. But what of the movement? What 6xxx movement can be dropped into this case (other than a 6105 of course)? What additional pieces vis-a-vis spacers and such would be necessary? Are there 6xxx based watches that would have everything one would need?

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I understand that the 6106 fits, but because of the crown set up, you can't operate the day/date quickset (which means you have to cycle them to set them). I could be wrong about the fit though.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know. I was thinking in terms of a dateless mod anyway. Does the 6106 hack? Would a different stem be needed to mate to the crown?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TheTigerUK said:
Also a 6309 would drop in and a quartz 7546/7548 plus quite a few more i believe.
Would the mvmt spacers from a 6309 diver work along with the mvmt in the 6105 case?

·
Registered
134 Posts
So did you win the recent auction of the 6105-8000 case/backcover/crown without movement from the evil empire? I had my eye on that one for the signed crown alone!

·
Registered
286 Posts
The 6309 drops right into a 6105 case and is probably the most straightforward choice regardless of whether you want the day/date feature. You will need to source a 6309 stem though and modify it to fit throught the narrower crown tube on the 6105 cases. Here's my 6105/6309 hybrid in a slightly earlier incarnation.

Martin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts