The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Poet Laureate
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you buy new Seikos? What's a model they could release in 2020 that you'd purchase? Where the gap in their catalog that would fill a slot in your watch box?

For me, it's a 40mm Grand Seiko Spring Drive dive watch. I love the SBGA229, but at 44.2mm, its too big! I'd love to see it in 40mm. Same with the GS chronographs. Why so big?!?!

SBGA229G_24125109513894_jpg.png

SBGC201G_24125120765834_jpg.jpg

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Brad Sir Any Reissues will do but without an “X” on the Dial😜

Apart from that a revamp and Reissue of the Old LCD Digital Range would be nice.👍

·
Poet Laureate
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brad Sir Any Reissues will do but without an “X” on the Dial😜

Apart from that a revamp and Reissue of the Old LCD Digital Range would be nice.👍
Ooooh. LCD re-issues would be 👍👍👍👍

·
Poet Laureate
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The overdue 6139 series - more than just a Pogue - maybe 3 or more variants.

Even with a quartz insides.
I think everyone wants that... except I kind of don't because I think they'll price it >$2,000. Out of range of most of us is almost worse than not having it IMO. Now if they commit to the R&D for a new affordable automatic chronograph movement, that would be something. Or as you said, quartz. Would they do that?

·
Poet Laureate
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I wish Seiko would release there Odd trendy wacky colored ideas and get back to there beginnings.
Am I crazy thinking odd, trendy, wacky and colored has been part of their DNA since nearly the beginning? From the Pogue to the recent Godzilla, I think it's very Seiko. I guess the professional divers have mostly been somber affairs, but there were always colorful rally divers alongside them. In general, trendy and colorful seems very Seiko to me 😀

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
Well how about this
New ideas and not old rehashes that don't live up to the originals
Seiko was the innovator not the follower
That is what I hope to see going forward
God Bless and happy New Year everyone ...this is going to be a great year i just know it ....John

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
27,379 Posts
Am I crazy thinking odd, trendy, wacky and colored has been part of their DNA since nearly the beginning? From the Pogue to the recent Godzilla, I think it's very Seiko. I guess the divers have mostly been somber affairs, but in general trendy and colorful seems very Seiko to me 😀
Look at Seiko watches from 1881 until 1980...;)

·
Special Member
7,045 Posts
I think everyone wants that... except I kind of don't because I think they'll price it >$2,000. Out of range of most of us is almost worse than not having it IMO. Now if they commit to the R&D for a new affordable automatic chronograph movement, that would be something. Or as you said, quartz. Would they do that?
Yes my thoughts exactly. Use a quartz movement, keep the price low, and offer a variety of models that are true to the original 6139 line-up.

The 7T94 quartz ticks off center seconds in 1/5 of a second intervals. Makes it look like a mechanical in action

·
Registered
347 Posts
Something with a Spring Drive movement for under $1000 (heck, under $2000) and under 40mm would be awesome

·
Researcher
5,204 Posts
Agree with Dahasco, I love the old Vanacs and Actus's with mad dial finishes and faceted crystals.
We need the eccentric side of Seiko back.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Yes my thoughts exactly. Use a quartz movement, keep the price low, and offer a variety of models that are true to the original 6139 line-up.

The 7T94 quartz ticks off center seconds in 1/5 of a second intervals. Makes it look like a mechanical in action

Or even with one of their excellent meca-quartz movements, like a VK6X-series? Same sweeping action but with snap-back resetting....

1 - 20 of 42 Posts