The Watch Site banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have been messing about with the shroud design slightly.

The Mk1 is the original copy of the 7549-7010 and on the Mk2 shroud I have left it a little fuller.

What do you think ?

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
well they are both great but like the mk2..i like how it fills in the bottom better...

·
Researcher
5,311 Posts
Purely on a practical stand point, I'd go for numero uno. I can see the second being an absolute snag magnet.
Nice workmanship nonetheless John :) .

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
well if mk2 went all the way the crown it would not be a snag magnet...

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
I would stick with the MK1 for 6309 TST's as the gap is fairly small but on the SKX the MK2.

I would be more enamoured by a big crown conversion:)

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
what is this big crown conversion

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Briang that is my thoughts...it looks more complete...but would love either one

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Purely on a practical stand point, I'd go for numero uno. I can see the second being an absolute snag magnet.
Nice workmanship nonetheless John :) .
Wore it for two weeks without a problem Dave.

Thanks guys interesting, i will produce just one Mk2 in this "batch" of shrouds just in case :)

There is a Mk3 which is the one fitted to the SKX (picture below is Mikes SKX)

Reactions: transit98

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Mk1 :s_cool:

Mk2 :c023:

Mk3 :s_cool:

·
Registered
85 Posts
How about a MK 3 version...?

With all the work being done on the watch case itself, what about machining off the existing lugs, hold the watch case with the shroud screws and integrating the notch over the bracelet as the lug area for the mesh band...?I think it might appear a more finished and less of a cut away shroud.. drill the pin holes into the notch you need and there would be no "snag" factor....I first thought of having the lugs as a projecting part of the machined shroud, but that requires more secondary machining to remove the excess rim created by projecting lugs instead of being able to enjoy the lathe finishing of the shroud...
Just my 2 cents but I love either of the choices...
Cheers
Rich

1 - 20 of 23 Posts