The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned the orange faced 300m Orient diver for a couple of weeks now. I think it is a great piece, and i keep wearing it more often than I would have expected, despite me owning several other great watches - it is simply a great "go-to-watch" :)

However, I am not at all impressed with the bracelet nor the rubber strap for the piece. The watch is - in my opinion - too large and heavy for the narrow and thin 22mm bracelet. The rubber strap is also too narrow and it keeps slipping ´round my wrist when on the rubber. I wear the watch on a cut 24mm divestrap classic that holds the watch securely in place on my 8 1/4 inch wrist.

What do You think of the bracelet and the rubber that comes with the Orient 300m ? What do You wear on Your Orient 300m ?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
You're the first person I know of that has complaints about the bracelet ::) . Since you have a big wrist I would think you wouldn't have issues with the bracelet or strap. Do you have a Sumo? How does that one wear on your wrist?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GREAT watches - both of them !!!

When comparing the two on their stock bracelets, I would vote "no contest" as the Sumo wears very well (lighter, thinner and "embrasing" lugs) than the Orient 300m (heavy, thick and best compared as a skx... case on steroids). I have owned all of the Sumo´s, but only the orange Orient. The Orient has impressed me with the overall feel and appeal of "use me", but I am far from impressed by the bracelet and the rubber strap - therefor my question in the thread above.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I don't own a OS300m but I highly suggest a Isofrane strap. IMHO the best 24mm rubber strap on the market.

IMO it would look awesome on your OS300m. Just shave 1mm of each side and you're good to go ;)

My SBDX011 Tuna is very top heavy (17.4mm thick) and the Isofrane tamed the beast.

I like them so much I even bought a second one for my SD600m, again top heavy, 17mm thick.

www.isofrane.com

Cheers
Shannon

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
JoepeteJokla said:
GREAT watches - both of them !!!

When comparing the two on their stock bracelets, I would vote "no contest" as the Sumo wears very well (lighter, thinner and "embrasing" lugs) than the Orient 300m (heavy, thick and best compared as a skx... case on steroids). I have owned all of the Sumo´s, but only the orange Orient. The Orient has impressed me with the overall feel and appeal of "use me", but I am far from impressed by the bracelet and the rubber strap - therefor my question in the thread above.
Really? I thought that you would find the Sumo a bit quirky on the wrist too, with it's big case and narrow bracelet. But then again, the Sumo is famous for "wearing small", so I guess it lives up to it's reputation. The only thing I have close to the OS300 so far is the Poseidon, and I have to confess it ain't as comfortable as my Sumo. I'll only get my OS300 for my b-day in July, so only then I'll be able to give you some proper feedback.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Ahhh the 300. I tried a few straps on each and I share your feelings about a 22mm strap. It was never on rubber so I wouldn't know but I'll try
here'son a 22 kinda ammo

For now my best matchis with a ridinfool 24mm notched with the pig buckle. I'm shopping for another 24 mm for the orange. the black is still on bracelet for now but it is a little top heavy. the 24mm puts a better balance

I do ha2e a 22mm sueded and does feel pretty good on it too. Still 24mm is a better fit IMHO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts