The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have sent parcels from singapore to usa via registered airmail without any problems so far (touch wood!).

but i'm wondering how you guys (as sellers) tackle such situations if it happens?

tia :)

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
whenever i ship, i ALWAYS take a pic of the receipt and send it to the buyer showing when the item left my hands. IF the buy did not buy insurance AND declare FULL value, it's HIS loss, no question.

if insurance was purchased, then i will assist the buyer in filing a claim, but under NO circumstance will i refund a buyer prior to my getting reimbursed (unless i know the purchaser, then i will refund 1/2 prior to my getting paid) by insurance. my part has been completed in good faith.

<* shark >>><

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, i do have the original receipt.

my local postal tracking online shows the watch has been despatched overseas.
USPS website shows the parcel has left origin country.

in my mind, i am sure the package will reach but it is just a matter of time. my experience that it will reach usa in less than 9 work days from singapore. my postal officer advise is 9-11 work days. now it is more than 11 workdays and buyer and i are worried.

hope all works out well.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have sent umpteen watches to the USA from Japan and all arrived fine. On the rare occasion, some were held up for several days more than normal..i.e. to the midwest ....but the parcel always arrived....Most were sent regular air mail, some were EMS... ;D My last sale went to Tennessee and arrived around 9 days...the buyer was a bit nervous but then the watch arrived fine!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
You guys have no idea of what you're complaining about......if you could imagine what the WIS in Brazil has to go through to keep up in this hobby......60% taxes on import fees + lazy ass customs + crazy estimated time until final clearance for the watch to finally head to the post office. No kidding, sometimes it takes a month, from the day of postage by the seller until I finally manage to get my hands on the watch. And I always chose EMS shipping, no matter what. It's the best one, and I have never got a watch lost in the mail, knock on wood! 8)

In the end, the pleasure of adding another diver to my collection pays off all the stress from waiting...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Simple, you learn and spring for a shipping method that requires a signed receipt of the next package you send... just like everyone in Singapore does who sends me stuff (and, sellers from most of the rest of the world, as well)--or, trust your "luck" continues. And yes, the mail DOES damage and lose things, too!!!

Good "luck!"

·
Registered
294 Posts
In my experience delays can be encountered in US Customs and sometimes they don't scan the package which makes it appear lost. Don't forget that the Easter break can cause delays. My bet is that it will be just fine.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
kohym said:
thanks for the advice all!

i am sure it is ok, but sometimes the buyer's anxiety get transferred to the seller :) lol
especially when they hit you for a paypal chargeback when it is one day later than expected

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I purchase postage through Paypal, linked to the transaction which has the buyers confirmed address on it. I take a photo of the package clearly showing that I have addressed it properly and the tracking number. I send it insured and calculate this into my pricing. I supply the buyer the tracking number and the photo of the package once mailed.

I have not had a package lost yet but if it happened I would make a refund after I received the postal insurance refund.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts