The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I try to search using key words like "identify" and "seiko" and ended up with more hits than I imagined possibly :) Hence a more straight forward question!

I bought this a couple of months ago, very cheap, thinking it was an old Seiko 5. However, lately I've started having my doubts. It lacks the "5" on the dial to start with ... why didn't I spot that in the ad? So - in my opinion it looks a bit odd. Fake, franken, mod?

• Movement - 7S26A which looks pretty legit imo
  • See through case back that does not feel like hardlex, with no traces of print. On the rim the serial 8N1732. No other markings
  • The case is dark gray/black and pretty glossy, measures 42,5mm without crown (which does not screw down)
  • Dial and hands look almost new. Glows green with consistent colour - and the indices on the chapter ring glows as well ...
  • Solid metal bezel, no lume

I guess it came on a bracelet initially, based on the "ridges" on the lugs. Width 22mm btw ...

Any help is much appreciated!

//Petter

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it does, doesn't it? still these crown guards are more square-ish, reminding me of a kinetic I have somewhere ... And it's bigger, isn't the SKX031 39 mm? And the PVD's I've seen are more matte ... Or?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts