The Watch Site banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got a couple of questions what I was wearing yeasterday.
The answer is The Citizen from 2001, A660-H27228, screwed crown makes 20 bar water resistance.
Didn't want to put old pics in todayswatch thread so here is a few more.

I found it at the fleamarket and bought without much thought, now I like it a lot:)

/B.

·
Special Member
1,836 Posts
I would be more surprised and impressed by finding a 4 Mega at the flea market compared to an A660. :)

Either way it is a great flea market acquisition, it is a nice angular case on The Citizen and not a usual style for that series.

My A660 is a much more common designed CTQ57-0953 in Ti.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't have any quartz, but I wouldn't mind a 4 Mega!! And the The Citizen is pretty good too! Can't believe you got that at a flea market...

Stephen

As many people regard quartz as cheap an not interesting it is more common to find high end quartz at the flea market than good mechanicals for good prices.

Some years ago I found an near perfect Seiko Quartz Superior in an shop for for antiques and collectbles.
The Omegas and such was neatly displayed behind glass, but this one was together with well used Casios and Seiko 5`ers on an tray.
Sad for an watch that was Seikos flagship 1978 and with an pricetag around 200 000 yen.
But I saved it.:grin::grin:

/B.

·
Special Member
1,836 Posts
As many people regard quartz as cheap an not interesting it is more common to find high end quartz at the flea market than good mechanicals for good prices.

Some years ago I found an near perfect Seiko Quartz Superior in an shop for for antiques and collectbles.
That is true Bjorn, I found my Superior at a flea market in Tokyo last year. It is not near perfect with a sunburnt dial but the price was right. :)

I hope you managed to get your Superior for a price similar to the Casio's and Fives it was with.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is true Bjorn, I found my Superior at a flea market in Tokyo last year. It is not near perfect with a sunburnt dial but the price was right. :)

I hope you managed to get your Superior for a price similar to the Casio's and Fives it was with.

Yes luckily I got it for price similar to an used Five.
Only problem was I already had one, but a pair is more or less the same as an Twin-Quarts:)

/B.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Quartz watches are going to not be as popular down the road, mechanical is getting more and more popular each year. Omega abandoning Quartz was a big deal for the industry and consumer. The lower end will always have them, but I wish HEQ could have been given to the masses for cheap.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts