The Watch Site banner

121 - 140 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
25,672 Posts
Seen as Seikos have taken a back seat...Citizen Proximity Some Bluetooth tech to keep my attention :)

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Not in the post as already arrived, an early (I think) Crystron from 1976. All seems to function beautifully bar the light which I will have a look at when I get it on my bench.
Sellers pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
876 Posts
Not in the post as already arrived, an early (I think) Crystron from 1976. All seems to function beautifully bar the light which I will have a look at when I get it on my bench.
Sellers pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks very solid Pip.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,621 Posts
Seen as Seikos have taken a back seat...Citizen Proximity Some Bluetooth tech to keep my attention :)

Nice looking watch. Really dig your other one's too.

·
Premium Member
9,621 Posts

Found this really cheap, so thought I would check out a Citizen diver. It might be a bit large, for ME, but what the heck? It will arrive tomorrow. Gotta love Amazon Prime....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Like Kenny - I had this watch as well. Kinda wish I still had it. Solid. Wears a little small so I think it will be right at home on your wrist.

·
Registered
876 Posts
That Leopard is killer - very very nice.
Yes, this is quite an unusual model. The day-date across the top is seen from time to time in the 7800 movement. However I had never previously seen this particular variation. It was only with a great deal of searching that I saw another with the same markings - and I look for Leopards ALL the time.

I’ve now got quite a little collection of common and not-so-common variations that is probably worthy of a separate post.

Regards,
Ross

·
Premium Member
9,621 Posts
Yes, this is quite an unusual model. The day-date across the top is seen from time to time in the 7800 movement. However I had never previously seen this particular variation. It was only with a great deal of searching that I saw another with the same markings - and I look for Leopards ALL the time.

I’ve now got quite a little collection of common and not-so-common variations that is probably worthy of a separate post.

Regards,
Ross

Love to see them when you have time. They show up here rarely.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Four Cosmotron electronic pocket watches, unfortunately representing only 2 of the 12 variants I have reliably identified. All have the time-only 0810 movement.

Squarish case, stainless steel, one.

Round case, stainless steel, Roman numerals, three. One with chain & display back, one with a mar on the dial & engraving on the back, one very shabby (but there's a chance it will clean up). The display-back piece was named in the listing as a "Cosmotrom", & what's worse, the seller had tried to describe it as a tuning-fork watch (even though you can see the balance wheel!), but had blundered, putting the meaningless "音又" in place of "音叉".

I have every confidence of getting two good working watches, & some hope of four.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,621 Posts
I wanted a playmate for my Prospex Solar Radio Synch Chronograph.

Super excited about this one.

Full disclaimer: DAHASCO isn't helping with the Citizen bug. He's showing off some nice stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Aloha ,

Not incoming but arrived yesterday from a Good Friend in California from a Swap Meet he went
to last Sunday.
The whole lot was for ... $15.00 USD and some extras also.
I masked him about the postage be he said he will paid the postage also.
Will look into them later to past time.
Citizens Watch's : ... 1-C020 / 1- C021 / 1- C023 / 1 - C040 Altimeter- this one the movements are
little hard to find yet

Aloha
Louis

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have a Citizen Satellite Wave with the F900 movement in the mail, on it's way, BACK TO CITIZEN. Micro dial face bezels declared their independence from the dial face, as in, someone forgot the friggin adhesive. Way to go on a 2K watch.

Aloha from the Territories

·
Registered
876 Posts
From the bracelet style the Crystron solar is one of the very first production run and a 1976 watch:cool:. Mine (and also the one I originally bought new) are 1977 ones and have the different bracelet style.......
Yes, this one is stamped September ‘76. My other one, similar to the one on your wrist, is stamped June ‘76.

121 - 140 of 215 Posts