The Watch Site banner
181 - 200 of 390 Posts
Super Jet Auto Dater

When that annoying little bell sounded at midnightish last night I thought what prick is sending me an email at this time of the night, OMG was i so happy i was being notified that i had WON AN AUCTION.
I low balled the buggers and forgot all about the bloody thing :88:

Attachments

OR-O EXPORT MODEL

I new that I was doing overtime for a reason
I hope you didn’t pay top dollar for this one, there are quite a few problems with this one if it was promoted to you as original.
The b52806 did not have the big screw down crown, the crown should be threaded into the case. You need to check which case has been used looks like a later model case either 62-6198 or 52-0110 you will need to pop the bezel and see how the crystal is held in place to confirm which model.
The bezel insert is from 52-0110 you can see how it sits above the bezel, the bezel is 4.1mm thick not 4.9 as per 52-0110.
The second hand on the b52806 should have the ball on the end your second looks like it’s from the non export 62-5370.
The hour hand is an odd shape as well never seen that shape on any early citizen diver but it could be correct.
The case back will fit any model keep that in mind.
I would say it’s been assembled from at least three different models, I would getting my money back on this one.
Cheers Paul

I hope you didn’t pay top dollar for this one, there are quite a few problems with this one if it was promoted to you as original.
The b52806 did not have the big screw down crown, the crown should be threaded into the case. You need to check which case has been used looks like a later model case either 62-6198 or 52-0110 you will need to pop the bezel and see how the crystal is held in place to confirm which model.
The bezel insert is from 52-0110 you can see how it sits above the bezel, the bezel is 4.1mm thick not 4.9 as per 52-0110.
The second hand on the b52806 should have the ball on the end your second looks like it’s from the non export 62-5370.
The hour hand is an odd shape as well never seen that shape on any early citizen diver but it could be correct.
The case back will fit any model keep that in mind.
I would say it’s been assembled from at least three different models, I would getting my money back on this one.
Cheers Paul
Hi Paul.
thanks for your comments, yep its a bitza, the price I paid was relative to the condition and my experience. OR's & 68's are harder to come by nowadays
I was aware of the crown, and it and the throat will be used on another "project" 52 0110
the Bezel insert I replaced with of mine from yobokies, and I have a set of hands ready to be fitted (stick & ball) but the patina is not to bad so im not in a hurry.
Realistically my vintage collection is a life time passion ( I purchased my first 52 0110 in 1974 I was 13 and I had just started diving) many of my collection have faults but im not overly concerned
as parts come available I try to pick them up, but as you know the stopped making them a little while ago.

Got this one coming. I’ve always been a sucker for complicated digital/analog watches, and yacht timers and pilot watches to be specific.

Attachments

181 - 200 of 390 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.