The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wish to avoid a discussion of the selfish nature of buying gifts for yourself. Here is an excellent article if anyone wises to examine this idea deeply however:

https://atlassociety.org/commentary...o-give-the-virtue-of-selfishness-at-christmas

Now this is what I am buying for myself:

The Samurai SRPD23K1 "Great White".

As the Monochrome Watches article describes it, it is, "decorated with thick wavy lines to evoke the ocean. In this 2019 Seiko “Save The Ocean” Special Edition series, the dial is also blue but does not have the light-to-dark gradient effect. Also, it seems like the dial is going through a patch of bad weather and the waves are rougher, choppier, forming acute angles. At 8 o’clock... you’ll also spot the dorsal fin of a shark (chipped, as it is often the case with adult Selachii) while the counterweight of the seconds hand adopts the shape of the caudal fin of this magnificent predator... One detail I really liked that was not present in previous editions is that the bezel on the Samurai is not a full ring, but rather small sections of the bezel placed on top. May not seem like much, but it gives the watch an extra depth and sense of quality."

·
"The Prospector"
4,640 Posts
As i have no living relatives, it falls to me to buy my own Christmas gift, too that end, i am currently trailing this one courtsey of JB. It is running 'spot on', so this will be my Christmas gift to me this year. Please don't get me wrong,this means i buy no cards, i buy no gifts, i don't visit relatives and make forced small talk with people I don't see from year to year...As i have none. So i only have myself to please and please me this one does !;)

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
In the last twelve months my collection has grown (perhaps ballooned is a better adjective) from four to about fourteen so I would say that Christmas came early this year and I won't be buying myself anything for Christmas. I am saving for the next addition though so I won't have to wait too long.

·
Special Member
12,724 Posts
Not another watch for sure. I have too many already.
+1 - Christmas wish list is small and humble this year.

I am blessed with too much as it is already.

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Reissue Arnie With Gold Bezel will be my “To TheNeilo From TheNeilo” Gift to myself.I always buy myself Something at Xmas and even wrap it😜
At least I’m guaranteed something I want😂 Too many other Watches I Want otherwise.🤔

Second to that as Long as I get a “Selection Box” with a Toffee Crisp In it and at Tea time A Turkey Leg then I’m Happy 🙈 “Stick a Fork In me I’m done” 😜👍

For you guys across the Pond this is a Toffee Crisp👍
And of Course the Reissue “ Get To Da Choppa” Arsol😜

Attachments

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Lets say it is some sort of christmas gift... After using the Big Bertha to my delight now for some time on the case backs I thought that her sister (we gonna need a name for this one too) will bring the same joy at pressing in crystals...:grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Seiko 7006 - 8030 Rally with silver dial - not for me but from me - a customer is thinking about buying it for a Christmas gift for himself :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts