The Watch Site banner

141 - 160 of 175 Posts

·
Special Member
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
...then again, the name of the ale escapes my memory but this chaps belly was certainly one to remember on a trip to the U.K. many years ago. I've got to believe it took many a pint and fierce determination to grow a belly such as this one, saints be praised !!
Haha! Many a pale ale!

·
Special Member
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
North Peak’s ‘Stormy’
Great N.E. IPA
Good stuff comes out of Michigan!

Thinking about frigid conditions you you must be dealing with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
From my special brew stash;
It’s been aging for a bit, from ‘17
As good as it gets to go with a special day.
Cheers!

·
Special Member
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #148 (Edited)
Parish (from Louisiana) has only been in Houston for about a month. People that follow beer here are over the moon with this special release

and this one which used to be SR or seasonal but now year-round:

Not bad, either one, but pretty ordinary at best compared to others in same style, imo.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
i am drinking hard cider that i press and ferment myself,
i call this "peach cider" though technically to be cider it's got
to have apple in it. i make tons of hard apple cider too, but
the peach is my favorite by far, i make it nice and dry but
it has lots of pure peach aftertaste....

·
Special Member
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
i am drinking hard cider that i press and ferment myself,
i call this "peach cider" though technically to be cider it's got
to have apple in it. i make tons of hard apple cider too, but
the peach is my favorite by far, i make it nice and dry but
it has lots of pure peach aftertaste....

Hmmm, sounds delicious

·
Registered
146 Posts
This thread is painful, I gave up beer a while back because I am prone to gout and it both triggers it and raises the likelihood of it being triggered by other things.

I used to brew my own, hunt down new flavours, beer tours of Europe and even visited that monastery in Belgium where you make an appointment with the monks and they bring you a their wares. Has been voted the best beer in the world apparently.....................

Oh, i just googled it (Westvleteren), apparently its only the second best beer in the world now, terrible how things go down hill so fast :) I went there twice and I have to say, its really very nice beer indeed ! You have to place your order on a certain day when they are allowed to speak but when you turn up they are not allowed to make a sound, they just silently load up the car. If anything goes wrong I have no idea how it gets resolved !!

But now, since giving up is just fucking strongbow bullshit fizzy pop cider, no beer allowed :(
(I am also testing the swear filter so forgive me)

I would love a paulaner weissbier, a pint of oscar wilde dark mild, darkstar imperial stout or even a "bavarian" pilsner which is surprisingly good for a supermarket pilsner but no, cider only for me now.

Am I bitter ? No, I am not allowed that either :(

[edit] oh, no swear filter, I will check the rules tomorrow.

·
Special Member
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
This thread is painful, I gave up beer a while back because I am prone to gout and it both triggers it and raises the likelihood of it being triggered by other things.

I used to brew my own, hunt down new flavours, beer tours of Europe and even visited that monastery in Belgium where you make an appointment with the monks and they bring you a their wares. Has been voted the best beer in the world apparently.....................

Oh, i just googled it (Westvleteren), apparently its only the second best beer in the world now, terrible how things go down hill so fast :) I went there twice and I have to say, its really very nice beer indeed ! You have to place your order on a certain day when they are allowed to speak but when you turn up they are not allowed to make a sound, they just silently load up the car. If anything goes wrong I have no idea how it gets resolved !!

But now, since giving up is just fucking strongbow bullshit fizzy pop cider, no beer allowed :(
(I am also testing the swear filter so forgive me)

I would love a paulaner weissbier, a pint of oscar wilde dark mild, darkstar imperial stout or even a "bavarian" pilsner which is surprisingly good for a supermarket pilsner but no, cider only for me now.

Am I bitter ? No, I am not allowed that either :(

[edit] oh, no swear filter, I will check the rules tomorrow.
I’m gonna have to pick your brain on this, could be part of agenda if I was to visit around there.
Sorry about your gout. I’m aware of how it can immobilize a person, wife and all her three brothers have to deal with it.
At least you been there done that sort of thing in regards to enjoying beers that you liked.
Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
I made a space shuttle model for my brother-in-law, got some nice beers from him, like these two.

Edit: my girlfriend said: "shall I fetch you another beer and some crisps?" She's amazing :)

141 - 160 of 175 Posts