The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy some 371. / SR920SW for my sawtooth
Witch ones?
Energizer? Renata? Seiko? Maxell? are the Seiko worth paying triple?
And whO's got the fresh ones, at a good $? I'm in Canada
So many on the bay... :eek:

·
Registered
964 Posts
I have some good experience with Energizer and Maxell.
I never tried Renata, because I read some bad reviews about them.
For sure Seikos are not worth paying triple, if they are really that much.

Cheers,

Axel

·
Registered
964 Posts
I was told that Renatas tend to leak easier.
I try to remove the battery as soon as the EOL indication start, but as not every watch has that feature, I prefer to be on the assumed safe side.

Cheers,

Axel

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I just bought 5 energizer for $3,59 shipped from seller [glow=red,2,300]jpsummer[/glow]
I'll let you guys know

·
Registered
688 Posts
Not necessarily. My 7T62 recently started to run weird, and I figured it was time for a battery change (I bought it new in 2005, and had never changed the battery, but then I don't use the alarm more than a few days a year). I was talking with Ken S. about something unrelated, and remembered to ask if there was anything I should know before I replaced the battery. He said that often, the Energizers (and other non-Japanese batteries) are a little big. I ordered a Maxell and compared it to the (supposedly) same size energizer I already had, and sure enough, the Energizer did seem a tiny bit larger/thicker. The Maxell dropped right in, with no room to spare. According to the package, the Energizer should have been a direct replacement. Don't know whether it's an issue w/ the sawtooth, or only a 7T62 problem.

paul

Isthmus said:
Aren't they all essentially made to the same specs?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Jeje3325 said:
I want to buy some 371. / SR920SW for my sawtooth
Witch ones?
Energizer? Renata? Seiko? Maxell? are the Seiko worth paying triple?
And whO's got the fresh ones, at a good $? I'm in Canada
So many on the bay... :eek:
BatteryBob tends to have very good stuff.
That being said the specification is pretty much the same around manufacturers and the primary battery technology has made little progress in the last years - the price however can vary a lot ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts