The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's probably blindingly obvious and i'm missing it? why is the fuller watch companys products,mods,and watches called -XW- and to ask another question why 333m for the new tsunami? not just 300m? John. :-[

·
Registered
845 Posts
XW stands for ten watches. It is Noah's belief that we all need at least 10 watches. I know I am doing my part to prove that point.

·
Registered
659 Posts
georgelazenby said:
Thanks for clearing that up. i bet a lot of other forum members didn't know either,John.
I didn't know, and I even have one of his modded SKX007's on order. It's the XW-DMC-12 DeLorean Tribute.

Ted

p.s. Thanks Aladin Sane, for the explanation!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
^-^

Yeah, I think I read somewhere that Noah based the 333m on an old favorite vintage diver he loved. He just liked the number as opposed to the standard old rounded off numbers.
I dig it, but the new dials for tsunami's are just printed "water Rated resist". At least on the new colored dials, not sure but I think also the black too. I like the 333m but I think its to make them more universal.

new dials here:
http://www.thewatchsite.com/index.php/topic,2371.msg11005.html#msg11005

Dave.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have read somewhere that some early classic dive watches such as the Bulova were pressure tested to 333 feet.perhaps this is the Hommage he was paying back?i think only Noah can give us the definative answer,John. O:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts