The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently I posted a question about the correct part number for the day dial on my 6309-7949 diver.

John aka TheTigerUK promptly responded with the answer but my local parts supplier did not have one so I was planning to post a WTB.

But the next day John sent me a pm saying he found a mint day dial while cleaning up his spares and wanted my address so he could gift it to me. I was floored by his generosity but said I could only accept if he would let me pay....especially considering he would be shipping from the UK to the US. He flatly refused and I think may have been a little insulted.

Anyway it turned up today inside a card today with the message ''Hope it helps''.

I am stating what many of you already know but John is truly a great guy!

And I think it's fair to say that this kind of generosity and helpfulness is an integral part of the tight community here on the SCWF. Way friendlier and more helpful than other forums I have visited! With many members here not afraid to pop the hood on their timepieces and have a tinker....I love that!

Cheers

:eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
John is a Great help in time of need. He has also helped me out in the past and contributed to getting a project or two completed.
Kudos to John!

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Gifting unwanted parts is satisfying and a small item can make the recipient very happy. Its the small things in life that can make a big impression. Everyone should try it and feel the good karma:93:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts