The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
30,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
find very useful, the clutter ? the day wheel.

I must admit I used to think jeeeeze if you don't know the day what land are you in !!! date yes, handy, but day !!!

But since I retired i find myself more and more selecting a watch with the day because every day is a holiday:)

Now I tend to know the day with the correct watch selection the next problem is the memory, I might have to go back to my Belles and use the alarm to remind me of things i might otherwise forget :)

·
2,237 Posts
I'm inclined to go the other way John.........it doesn't really matter to me anymore what the day or date is :grin:

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
I can't live without the date on a watch. But as I get older I need the day too. This is worrying!

The grey matter is deserting me fast!

·
Registered
210 Posts
As a shift worker for over 25 years the day wheel has always been essential. When I start my shift on one day and it finishes the next day after 3 or 4 shifts I have no idea where I am. Especially when my working week can start midweek!

My watch gives me a focus point, the day the date the time, and being a Seiko Divers I know I never have to worry about my watch, its accurate loyal and a companion.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I know the feeling John. I work from home and everyday seems to blend into one!
The other day for example, I was wondering what day it was and had on my trusty 6306 sadly though I had set it to Kanji day display (as I love the look) so still had no idea what day it was! Going to have to memorise the kanji days now ;).

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
I know the feeling John. I work from home and everyday seems to blend into one!
The other day for example, I was wondering what day it was and had on my trusty 6306 sadly though I had set it to Kanji day display (as I love the look) so still had no idea what day it was! Going to have to memorise the kanji days now ;).
I do the same Billy. I wear my 6306's set to Kanji day display. I suppose I do it to differentiate the 6306's in my watch box from the 6309's. But it's daft really. I find I wear a 6306 more often than a 6309, - the timekeeping is loads better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts