The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our fearless Admin has been at it again! Yesterday he spent the better part of 6 hours doing some necessary forum maintenance and took the opportunity to tackle some of the items on our to do list that needed to be addressed. Here are some of the changes that took place which you may or may not notice:

1. We upgraded to the latest version of our forum's software (RC3), which is much more stable and secure than prior versions and has a better Rich Text Editor;

2. The display (except for the banner) is now fixed. No more weird stretched out photos, or sigs, or text that goes over the side. We're still working on the banner;

3. New Smilies (these will probably change again before we settle on a final set);

4. The preview pane is temporarily disabled while a work around is found that will allow you to disable it at will; and

5. Mobile posting is now working on a full view of the forum. Try accessing the site from your mobile devise and posting.

We have a few other items that will be activated in during the next update, and over the next few weeks, we'll continue to work through our to do list to try and resolve issues you have brought up and make the forum better for all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
964 Posts
Thanks a lot for the effort!
May it be, that by accident the feature that shows the nice bars in polls has been disabled? :'(

Cheers,

Axel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
I'm replying via iPhone. Seems to be working well for us that are mobile!
8) thanks for the update Gabe!

Where's a smiley wearing a Seiko?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
652 Posts
I'm a bit dissapointed that as a member of the old forum since 2000, I was not notified about the new forum and had to re-register to join again, where others received an email invitation. I feel like an outsider trying to break in. I have had to re-register three times in the last 12 months. I am a little sad as I thought I was amongst friends here :'(

Cheers

Peter
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pete26 said:
I'm a bit dissapointed that as a member of the old forum since 2000, I was not notified about the new forum and had to re-register to join again, where others received an email invitation. I feel like an outsider trying to break in. I have had to re-register three times in the last 12 months. I am a little sad as I thought I was amongst friends here :'(

Cheers

Peter
Dear Pete. We are sorry that you feel that we left you out. We actually sent emails to everyone that we had registered. In many cases the emails long standing members had on file with the old site were ones they no longer used or rarely checked. In other cases we were filtered as spam. IOWs we emailed everyone but not everyone got the email. If you have any problems with the new forum just contact us so we can help you out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Here is to the hard workers who made the new forum possible. And I'll also take this as an opportunity to suggest this "Cheers" smiley.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
652 Posts
Isthmus said:
Dear Pete. We are sorry that you feel that we left you out. We actually sent emails to everyone that we had registered. In many cases the emails long standing members had on file with the old site were ones they no longer used or rarely checked. In other cases we were filtered as spam. IOWs we emailed everyone but not everyone got the email. If you have any problems with the new forum just contact us so we can help you out.
Thanks Gabe, I ubderstand, I am getting used to the new style....slowly. Good luck with the new forum, I'm sure it will be successull
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,371 Posts
Why can't I make the smileys work, or for that matter other formatting tools? This happened after the new smiley's were added.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sdoocms said:
Why can't I make the smileys work, or for that matter other formatting tools? This happened after the new smiley's were added.
We had accidentally disable the rich text editor when we upgraded, but reactivated it a few hours later. everyone should be able to use all formatting tools and smilies. can you describe exactly what you are experiencing and in what browsers?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
444 Posts
Isthmus said:
4. The preview pane is temporarily disabled while a work around is found that will allow you to disable it at will; and
Well, it looks like the preview pop-up is back. Any word on when we'll be able to turn it off? I searched through the profile options and didn't see anything yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,371 Posts
I am using Windows 7 Pro with Firefox 3.5.8 as my browser. When I click on a smiley to insert it nothing happens. If I want to change some text to a different font or center it, change the color, what have you. In the past I would hi lite the text and chose what ever I wanted on the formatting bar and it would format. It no longer does that. Am I doing something wrong?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,319 Posts
try clicking the toggle view (the arrow on the right above the smilies), and do it again and let us know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
522 Posts
Not a fan of the new smiley faces..... there are all a bit too much.
The calmer set that was present originally was better and more suttle. If I could, I would turn them off so as not have to look at them when I am trying to write a message. Its like having a gallary of crazy people staring at me and I get that all day at work :)

I also don't prefer the preview pop-up and would disable that feature if I could or knew how.

Yet.... a great site and great watch forum.
Thanks for asking for feedback.
Daniel
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top