The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was at work last night, walking down the road (I'm in the rail industry), looking at new listings, saw this and hit the BIN button, not even have had read the description, thought what the heck have I done? I must be crazy. Here's a couple of screen shots, these are from the sellers page.

The case back isn't real, just like everything else by the looks, but I'm more interested in the case. Apologies for the picture quality, just wondering what some opinions are? Ever heard of a fake case? Is my assumption it is/supposed to be a 6309 cushion diver correct? Any answers below please, thank you in advance.
Regards, David

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Fake case. Sorry. :-(

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
I seen that one too...looked not right for sure...

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The description wasn't very clear, but I'll find a use for it, drill the lugs, find a movement and what not, won't be a "diver", so I'll care even less about it. Thanks for the feed back!!
Regards, David

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
well as long as you are happy..that is what matters most

·
Registered
691 Posts
Geeze I didn't even know there were fakes out there. I always see people asking about fake skx007's and thought that was also weird since they are so cheap. Yet I guess there are fakes of everything.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
That Watch Diesel,no problem there ...

Look at it this way Diesel, the (PART'S) you have with it was like
camrok says worth it. The (MOVEMENT) is a few bucks and the rest of it
makes up for the lost case.
I might have spent the .... ($40.00 ) if I really needed the PART'S badly.
----------------------------------------------------------
Some one had a good Sander or Grinder that's all.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm never one to be sour and always look at better side of things. Being half asleep and not concentrating didn't help. Spares are spares like you say LongBike, and I'm happy with having them. Just wanted a clean case :( . Oh well, back to the drawing board!

Regards, David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well the infamous 6319 7090 diver has arrived. The watch is put together badly, but does work. Rotor catches on the movement ring (see balance pic), but it runs surpringly well. Movement looks original Seiko to me, or parts there of, as the wording is good (compared to caseback). Case is a right off, 7002 diver type crystal gasket, unknown bezel setup, but the crown does screw down securely. Not sure about the crown and stem, but carries out time and date change correctly, though very lose when unscrewed and has a nice modified flat gasket to ensure water resistance :) . Hands and dial look originally from a 7S26, but dial feet missing and glue used. Overall, spares to be had at least, I think. Here's some pics, let me know your opinion on the bits and pieces.

Regards, David

·
Registered
774 Posts
I bought one of these too, but it has a pretty good 6309 movement that has a great power reserve.Do it up for a beater.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not really interested in the case, as can't be bothered to try and seal it with new gaskets. The rest will come on handy little.
Regards, David

·
Registered
774 Posts
This thing of mine has a 6319 dial and caseback and a 6309 movement so I will probably keep the movement for a 6309 I have with a dicky movement. Worth the $60 I paid for it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts