The Watch Site banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been sick and in bed for the better part of the past week. I'm going freakin' stir crazy! :'( :'( Today I did have some time to get some things done. I got to re-arrange my watch boxes, sort the stuff I picked up that needs repair and put them into bins on my bench and separate my quartz watches that need batteries. The wife did manage to drag me out of the house this morning to a flea market she's been wanting to hit. I felt like 10 pounds of wet crap, but went anyhow. I'm glad I did. I ran into my good friend Val(this can be dangerous) ;) ;) He spotted me one aisle over from his stand and rushed over to tell me he had some Seikos for me. Needless to say, no matter how sick I felt, I probably broke the sound barrier following him to his stand. At any rate, he kept them in the back, just for me. >:D >:D First thing he pulled out was a SKX009. Quite nice, but didn't really interest me much. He then pulled out a restored 6309-729a. He had my attention. This one was very nicely done despite having an aftermarket dial and bezel insert(from what I could see). I expressed interest in that one, until, he pulled out a vintage, serviced, but unrestored 6138. ;D ;D We talked for a while as he showed me other stuff he had. I rooted through his parts bin and nearly had heart failure! I noticed the markers on an unmistakable Seiko! I then saw the case and knew that it was not what I first thought it could be but I had to have it nonetheless. You may ask what it was, well what is it? None other than a 7005-8052 70m Sport Diver from January '71. He said he didn't have it in the back because a he didn't have a watchmaker look at it yet. He named me a price on it's now on my wrist. Until I open it up to check the movement and gaskets, I don't think this thing has been touched since the '70's.
It looks just like Martback's. I borrowed his pic until I get a chance to take my own.

Thanx for looking!

Cheers!
Mike

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Time said:
I gotta meet this Val guy.
Everybody want to meet him. He's like Ramon in the flesh! ;) ;) One of these days I should get some of the rare pieces I got from him over the years and post pics.

Cheers!
Mike

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Whoa, thats nice. Great catch. you got yourself a great source.
I'd love to see more of your collection and I hope you do post someday. ;)
I also look forward to your wrist shots on this new addition.

Cheers, Dave/

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
wow, holy crap!

Nice!

·
Special Member
1,794 Posts
Those 7005 movements from what I recall are very similar to the 7002 calibres and newer 7s26 calibres.

Regs

Bry

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
valvestem said:
My suggestion would be to increase your fluid intake with the following:

Hope you feel better soon!
[/quote]

I could sure used a few of those right now! ??? ??? You know you're sick when you haven't had a beer in over a week. :o :o

Cheers!
Mike

·
AqualandKing & Special Member
18,386 Posts
LoL GREAT STORY.Get well soon mate but i bet that cheered you up no end all the same!!! ;)

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TheNeilo(AqualandKing) said:
LoL GREAT STORY.Get well soon mate but i bet that cheered you up no end all the same!!! ;)
Thanx Neil! Yes the experience did cheer me up a bit! I'm feeling much better THANK GOD! Laying in bed all day does actually suck, contrary to popular belief!

Cheers!
Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts