The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my question to all is..if you had to get down to just one watch or what is that watch you want more than any other? ...what would it be and why?..

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
My Accurist dress watch my Fiancee gave me for my birthday. I have only worn it once on the 22nd Feb 1991. I don't know if it still works as I have not tried it since. It is nothing special and probably worth about $30 tops.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well that is a very good choice...that is exactly what i am asking for...you dont have to own it yet...

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
But Just Think ......

That's a good question and it would be very nice to have. So when
and how long would that person take to answer that question asked ?

If you can own it ............ " Why Not ".

It depends on the person's desire to have it.

" One can always go back and start again if it will not be that hard to do. "

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow...a SeaDweller is a very nice watch..very high end...great choice

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I forgot to say why. It can be worn with a business suit or a swimsuit and anything in between. Of course, most of my Seikos can as well. But the SeaDweller has always been the watch I wanted.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well that is a great reason too...it looks very elegant...

·
Registered
657 Posts
Grand Seiko GMT SBGM023. Love the champaign dial with the blue indicator hand..

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
excellent choice...very very elegant...never seen one like that before....love the quotes too...very cool

Grand Seiko GMT SBGM023. Love the champaign dial with the blue indicator hand..

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wow...i love that style...i never have seen one that detailed...excellent choice

Seiko SBDS001 Flightmaster Auto chrono - even more than an Omega PO or Speedy Pro...

Gordy

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
The watch I want most right now? Tough one - the Seiko 5718-8000, JLC e859, and '61 Vulcain Nautical are in the running, but I have to go with the Zenith calendar moonphase prototype for sale on CasoWatches.

There were reported to be about 10 made, and this is the second known to still exist, with the first purchased at auction by Zenith themselves. This one is in far better condition - really a one-of-a-kind piece, which at the same time is for my money one of the most beautiful watches ever made.

This was the inspiration for the new grey 410 LE, which (while still gorgeous) pales in comparison. I prefer the non-LE version - images of both after the prototype.

As a Zenith guy (Striking 10ths / A386), this watch is absolutely staggering.
As is the asking price of (I believe) 60k Euro.

Link: http://www.casowatches.com/store/cmd/ShowProductFront?PRODUCT_ID=2151&LANGUAGE=2&CATALOG_ID=1&LEVEL=1&CATGROUP_ID=200&STORE_ID=1

410 LE:

410:

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wow...you have a real eye for detail...those are truly incredible watches....great choice

·
Registered
1,125 Posts

If money was no object I'd have one of those Omega TV dial Speedmasters just because they ooze style.

I hardly ever mention this but as you were so kind to me earlier John here goes.... As I said earlier my $30 Accurist is the only watch I would 'never' sell as it holds precious memories from my past. My girlfriend & fiancee Michelle gave it to me for my birthday on the morning that she passed away along with my two beautiful children Jason and Sarah in a car accident. No watch can ever come close to being so important to me as that one does. This is how such a inexpensive watch can be priceless to it's owner and nobody else. It is also the main reason I love watches and how they can all be special to us even if they have a low commercial value!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Well my question to all is..if you had to get down to just one watch or what is that watch you want more than any other? ...what would it be and why?..
This question was raised a few months back and it actually made me re-think my whole watch collecting direction altogether. I didn't have it in my collection and was so surprised why I haven't even bothered getting one. I was shocked that I didn't have any of my vintage Seikos in mind. I love them, but my 'heart' was obviously looking for something else.

The answer was quick and easy - an Omega Speedmaster Professional. Why? Just because I think it is one of the most handsome designs out there, not to mention the fact that it is iconic because of its place in history.

I now have the Speedy with me :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts