The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after my long time away...and many months of not being able to do very much...i have thought long and hard how i want to start this project...i did not know Jonathan very well..but i had the utmost respect for him...i was told he was a innovator and took on any challenge in front of him..with this in mind...i wanted this TST to be very unique and not at all like anything i had seen before...
So i have gathered what i think will make a very cool mod that i hope Swedefreak would have liked..

I will be using something i have never seen used in a TST Mod..6619a movement..with a very different dial too..i want to give it a doxa feel that i have always loved but i know there is no way in my lifetime i can afford one or justify it either...i know there will be challenges but that is ok too...here is the parts i have gathered so far...so many gracious people have donated parts for this build and i will be making a Commerative case back too with the Swedefreak flag logo from his avatar where the Seiko tsunami was..i will be looking for in the coming months someone who can make me that caseback cover and a tuna crystal and bezel and a stainless tst shroud...thanks for reading this..i would love to think what you think too...God Bless John

Attachments

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
well thanks...i think is is worth it...i can't wait till i find a tuna bezel ...then it will look so much better too...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Great start John! Sure to be a treasured piece when completed!

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks...well i sure hope so..i want to make sure i do it to my highest standards...

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here are some better assembled pics...i know the hands are way too long..but it gives me a better picture...it so needs a stainless shroud too..i had to change out the 6619a movement right now so i could put the hands on...i may be unable to use it because of how to change the date...but we will see..i have a 6349a movement i may use...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Great to see this project coming to life John. I had been wondering about it for some time. Everything's looking good but I'm curious about your movement choices? Is it because you don't have a 6309 movement or is it just to be different from other TST's?
Have you considered a 7548 quartz movement? It's a direct drop in for a 6309 case.
Good luck with the project! God Bless!
Tom

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i have long considered the 6309a but i think i will be putting in a very nice 6349a movement i have...i like the idea of the 6619a but with the push date...that is just not a smart choice....thank you for the kind words...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts