The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i found this unloved one and just had to make it mine...never seen a dial like this on a 6309 movement...and the band attachment seems very odd too...model number is 6309-8040..i wonder if it worth restoring...or is this common?..even missing the crystal..it runs well...

Attachments

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So this one wanted to come home with me too...6309-510a..are these the ones called TV..another unloved one...

Attachments

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well had never seen one..common?....beautiful watch there too

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any thoughts where i can find a original band or what it may look like?...and a nos crystal..must be acrylic too..

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
According to Jules Borel this is the part number for the crystal on the 6309-8040: 310T32ACSG.

The other one is one of the earliest restorations I ever did and it is currently in the possession of one of my nephews. I think it is a good looking piece.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well got a crystal from the spare parts bin and parts are in the ultrasonic...here is stem i removed...it was so bent it would turn movement...new one installed and works great....love making something unloved new again...just need to find a correct band

Attachments

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well thank you so much for info...really appreciate it...well not sure what i should do with second watch ...it may need a new home with you.....

According to Jules Borel this is the part number for the crystal on the 6309-8040: 310T32ACSG.

The other one is one of the earliest restorations I ever did and it is currently in the possession of one of my nephews. I think it is a good looking piece.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well here it is with just a little work..not too bad..gotta love that ultrasonic cleaner...

Attachments

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it was so unique and seller pics hardly showed how beautiful it was....it came from Puerto Rico and was much unloved and very dirty for a long time...can't wait to get it on my wrist

1 - 14 of 14 Posts