The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's what David said after the mod was done.

I like the pilot style watches so I thought it would be nice to have one done in white. Started with a SKX007. Removed the crown guards and blasted the case. New dial, bezel and ceramic insert, satin chapter ring, sapphire crystal, hands and knurled crown. On a carbon fiber look leather strap at the moment.

Yep, going to like it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,285 Posts
wow. that looks great - love the blasted case - nice finish. White can be overpowering sometimes but this has a mellow, blending in feeling .... if that makes sense. well done.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
That's what David said after the mod was done.

I like the pilot style watches so I thought it would be nice to have one done in white. Started with a SKX007. Removed the crown guards and blasted the case. New dial, bezel and ceramic insert, satin chapter ring, sapphire crystal, hands and knurled crown. On a carbon fiber look leather strap at the moment.

Yep, going to like it.
I sure like it! Very well done & very unique.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice!

I really like the knurled Crown.

That's interesting removing the crown guards, really makes a difference.
How did you remove them?
Dremel?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
beautiful mod, man, that really came out nicely....nice choice on that knurled crown, too, i appreciate the info on that piece, i didn't know it was a stock seiko item. i've got a bunch of pieces to add to the case-modding thread, thanks for the reminder....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts