The Watch Site banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
30,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 6105 for sale on the TF and then moved it to ebay and i have just seen another 6105 on ebay in the States and the seller has copied and pasted my text in his auction!!! :)

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
Cheeky Bast**d.
Gotta wonder who's pictures he robbed.

Time for a strongly worded Pm Tiger ?

Kind Regards

Graham

·
Registered
650 Posts
I had the same experience, my post at MWF for sale was copied and posted by one chap Lazarus___ to WUS. It happens to 2 other members of MWF.

After that I made a report to the moderator of both forum. Just have to on a lookout.

I wonder what is this chap up to?

:confused:

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
I often use tineye - reverse image search to check where pictures are, and if they're original.
It doesn't work all the time, but it can lead to interesting information http://www.tineye.com/

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Are we saying these folks pilfered your wording (imitation is the sincerest form of flattery) or they were posting purely fake listings as a scam?

·
Registered
729 Posts
I sold a Doxa pro some years ago and an Anerican pasted my whole eBay auction content verbatim. Lazy sods are looking for someone to do the facts and watch info for them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I read both listings and he clearly cut and pasted your copy. But he did make changes to your text showing that his list is a non functioning watch. He also states its for parts and repair. He shows no picture of the movement so one does even know if there is a movement or if it's correct. The seller also has no feedback. Looks like it could be a scam.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Its not a scam it is genuine he just borrow the text. I do it often. Whats the big deal? Not like it copyrighted. The watch is the real deal though.

T

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
John, That's quite a compliment....;)
I agree. A while back I sold a 7006 dress watch and the guy not only cut and pasted the text but also the photos. I suppose if it was good enough to sell the watch once ...

·
Registered
97 Posts
I can only assume they plagiarized you, due to the fact that you are always so well spoken. Not to mention your grammar, spelling & punctuation are always so spot on.

·
Super Moderator
3,017 Posts
I can only assume they plagiarized you, due to the fact that you are always so well spoken. Not to mention your grammar, spelling & punctuation are always so spot on.
Your tone is neither respectful, nor appreciated. I would have hoped you had gotten the world-wide memo by now that nitpicking one's grammar, spelling, or punctuation (especially in a casual setting such as this) shows a severe lack of courtesy and human understanding. It ultimately stands in the way of a free exchange of ideas, information, and feelings. Please try to be nice during your time here, and knock off the not-too-subtle jabs at others.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts