The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well by my Dear Friend ClockBloke he gave me the opportunity to make this TST in memory of a great man who i did not know very well and had no idea how much of a innovator he truly was... from what i am told he was very giving and very talented man who we all need to aspire to be more like.....i hope these ideas will be in keeping with what he did....there is two versions i have made of this...i think the second one is the right direction...still need a few more things before it goes off to be completed...i have to thank so many amazing people here who got me this far....God Bless every one of you...sorry for the long delay...sorry illness and getting the right look is most important...God Bless John

Parts to be included in this build are as follow....
A Genuine East Lake Bubble Boy Crystal thanks to MrWozza70....
The Tst 6309 7290 case with the black acetal shroud from TigerUk...one of the earliest ones made
The Hands are NOS Bill Yao MKII hands from MrWozza70 too...
All the gaskets and seals were from SeikoPsycho
The Mesh Bracelet was from Jimmy1963
Caseback thanks to Tritto...that will be sanitized
it will have a 6349a movement with black kanji wheels installed......
i really wanted to go in a different direction with the movement like a 6117 or a 6306a movement but i have not been able to track those down...
the crown will have a S etched in it too..
i am sure i am forgetting so much...but so many have asked about this...i felt it was time to get some info and pics out there...thank everyone of you...God Bless and will keep you updated with progress as i have it....

Attachments

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Well due to new info....this project is going to go in another direction......thank all of you for everything...God Bless John...never fear..i will make sure it will be finished to a very high standard that it deserves...

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well so am i...i feel very foolish..but never fear...not all is lost...i will regroup and get this beautiful tst back on track...hey when you get knocked down...you pick yourself off...dust yourself off and keep going...

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
It looked like it was all coming together well John. Whats transpired?

No need to respond John. After a cup of coffee and a little more reading I see what has transpired.........

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it is a very long story...i am glad to tell you in pm....it will be finished for sure...all is not lost and it will be better than ever...

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Well it is a very long story...i am glad to tell you in pm....it will be finished for sure...all is not lost and it will be better than ever...
That watch John is your creation so go ahead and finish it to its fullest and continue on to others and do not get down in you efforts.
It is just a material thing and not a matter of life or death condition.

So make it a ...... " Tribute to Yourself ", because you have the desire to do it. When you start something always finish it no matter what goes on and continue to achieve results no matter what comes around or effects your doings. It is your project and no one can take that away from you.
Aloha

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well thank you Long Bike...you are such a dear friend...this will be completed without a doubt...i will just go about it in a little different way...God Bless John...

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well thank you Russ...really appreciate the kind words...

·
Registered
808 Posts
No need for the back story; you've got a winner on the go. Finish the race and prove your point :cool:

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well thank you...i think it is turning out nicely ...just more to do..appreciate the kind words

1 - 13 of 13 Posts