The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've finally completed my first grouping. The 7T32-9000 quartz SUS model. All dated from 1988.
I'm fairly certain I've completed the collection in all color variants here. But if somebody has knowledge of any I'm missing, I'd like to know.

These are the quartz models, its too bad they weren't the automatic mov'ts. :(
But they do run well and keep great time.
They're chronographs with telemeter. As Thian has pointed out, the telemeter was to time rockets when fired off or launch or something like that, according to his research on this subject. Thanks Thian. ;)

It all started with this one, the orange beauty. I just love the color and the sub dial set up for chrono is really slick.

Then they came in one at a time. Blue was next.

Pinky...

Silver...

Finally Red.;)

I was fairly lucky as these popped up every couple of weeks of my search.
It was very addictive to collect the variants, but never easy task to do so.
So I'm glad to have accomplished this task in the short time. I expected this to be a long term thing.

Here's the family portrait.

Hope you enjoyed my short journey to get my skittles SUS collection.
Cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
29,137 Posts
Nice family. That pink-dialed one would go great with a pink shirt, IMHO. 8)

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anzac1957 said:
How many beats per second for the main second hand when it is operating?
I couldn't tell ya, it runs like any other chrono i've got. Would I need to time it somehow on a special timing apparatus?

Dave.

·
Registered
709 Posts
The most "practical" use for a telemeter scale would be to time the distance to a lightning strike. Start when you see the lightning and stop when you hear the thunder.

/ martin

·
Registered
534 Posts
just googled and found this Telemeter explanation....hehehe
To calculate distances, based on speed of sound through air, when observation is both visible and audible. The moment the event takes place, the second hand is started, then stopped when the sound is heard. The corresponding reading on the scale denotes in miles or kilometers (as indicated on the scale itself). The telemetric scale was used by the military as a crude range finder. When the enemy artillery's muzzle flash was seen, the chronometer was started and when the firing was heard, the chronometer was stopped. The second hand pointed to the distance away. source: http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?p=1552491#post1552491

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
sharkfinDave said:
I couldn't tell ya, it runs like any other chrono i've got. Would I need to time it somehow on a special timing apparatus?

Dave.
Hi Dave,

The reason I asked is that the 7T62 used to step at 5 beats per second much like an automatic, whereas the 7T92 step at 1 beat per second the same as the standard quartz.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Congratulations Dave. Nice collection there. Cool SUS hands too. I was thinking I liked the blue best until I saw the red.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Great collection, Dave (that salmon pink example rocks!). I've always appreciated telemeters. Thian's post got most of it, although the telemeter was also used to time the distance from ordinance impact/explosion. It's easy enough to count if you don't have the tele scale (3 sec/km; 5 sec/mile) and using the speed of sound to measure distance can be useful to calculate any event which makes a sound that will reach you. Oris and Lamberti Orologiai still make mechanical telemeter chronos, and I think until a few years ago Mido did as well. Nice to see these Seikos. Thanks for posting them.

Paul

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^-^

Thanks for all the compliments and the great info about the telemeter. :)
I'm always learning here, love the knowledge you all share. :-*

Glad you all liked the pics, and I thought its nice to bring a little cool old school back so they're not forgotten. And besides, rocking colors always gets the kids attention. lol. :D

Cheers, Dave.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts