The Watch Site banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Aloha ,
I was posting a message then completed it.
Went to the ..... [POST] .... the message popped up saying .... I had over 425 Characters and did not want to post.
I hit ...... A Clear Area out side the message and it came back.
I did this ....4 - times then it suddenly posted the message.
( Posting Just to let know what happened )

·
Registered
12 Posts
Aloha ,
Went to the ..... [POST] .... the message popped up saying .... I had over 425 Characters and did not want to post.
Just new bugs in a bug fix release

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I use to be able to .... CLICK ON ...... Members Pictures to Help Them Better and answer Questions.
Now they are asking .... What Happened ... All I can say to them is ... . It's All Locked 🔒Up
now..... with all this new arrangements and ....... It Ain't Going To Happen.
So they will have to request my Email to to Better Results.
Just my .... comments ....🧻 rolling out a little.

·
Administrator
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I use to be able to .... CLICK ON ...... Members Pictures to Help Them Better and answer Questions.
Now they are asking .... What Happened ... All I can say to them is ... . It's All Locked 🔒Up
now..... with all this new arrangements and ....... It Ain't Going To Happen.
So they will have to request my Email to to Better Results.
Just my .... comments ....🧻 rolling out a little.
Can you give me more information and a link to an example, please?

- Cricket

·
Administrator
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Aloha ,
I haven't been able to replicate this issue yet. Can you let me know if it happens again?

- Cricket

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I haven't been able to replicate this issue yet. Can you let me know if it happens again?

- Cricket
Yes ....On the OLD SCWF Site when pictures were posted ...... I could click on them and
they would go to a ...Two STAGE SUPER SIZEing on my Monitor and I could get bigger
pictures to see them better then I really could help others with their posting.
now it just stays at the ..... Black & White looks.

·
Administrator
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yes ....On the OLD SCWF Site when pictures were posted ...... I could click on them and
they would go to a ...Two STAGE SUPER SIZEing on my Monitor and I could get bigger
pictures to see them better then I really could help others with their posting.
now it just stays at the ..... Black & White looks.
Can you tell me if you can click on my image below?

- Cricket

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Admin.... Hey you got it...(y) Now it is work just fine. Yes now it is working good.
Did not want to be ....... Pesty but it is for helping others that I want it to work.
Thanks for the reply back and it is appreciated.
03/25/2020 ...... Posting this
Admin,
Ok , well so far from my side here today in Hawaii I think every thing is working good now
according to what I have been posting. If any thing comes up I'll post again and let
know about it.
The Pictures are appearing now and even in ......COLOR TOO.
Thanks for all the help so far an hope every thing will work good now o the Forum.
My apologies if my posting appearing ...... >> Inappropriately.
Aloha
Louis / LongBike

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Admin,
Ok , well so far from my side here today in Hawaii I think every thing is working good now
according to what I have been posting. If any thing comes up I'll post again and let
know about it.
Thanks for all the help so far an hope every thing will work good now o the Forum.
Aloha
Louis / LongBike
Oh , just to mention this,
I still can not get to the .... >>> EDIT LOCATION YET.
If it was .... Below the post area it sure would be better if possible.
Can this be .... ALERTED TO MORE OF US PLEASE .

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Dear Community Members,

We are excited to announce that we are live on our new forum platform! We’ve worked hard over the last several months with a leading design and product firm to deliver a cleaner, faster and more engaging experience for you. Our goal is to provide modern design and technology to make the site run faster, smoother and more reliably. All of the valuable content within the community is still here, even though the layout may look different.

A Consistent Experience Across All Devices
The site is optimized for all screen sizes, including mobile. All features are available and ready to use on all devices.

Speed and Reliability Are Key
No one should have to wait for information. This site has been built to be much faster and more reliable, period.

New Homepage Experience
Your home page now features the most active forums, trending discussions, featured showcases, and top contributing members. This will help keep you up to date on what’s happening in your community and eventually become a very personalized experience for our members with all the great content you love surfaced effortlessly for you.

Search
We have introduced new search algorithms, powered by an industry-leading AI platform, that will help you find information faster. We plan to roll out new features to continue improving search, and to power many additional areas of the forum.

Due to the volume of content, our search platform may take some time to complete indexing. During this process, you may see a limited number of posts until indexing has been completed. We appreciate your patience.

Easy to Use and Navigate
We have made the design clean and simple to use. Near the upper right-hand corner of the community, you will see navigation icons.

The first icon is for what’s new on the site.

Clicking on it, by default, will take you to new unread posts. On that page, you can click on additional tabs as well, such as Popular, if you prefer to view active topics.

Clicking the list icon next to “NEW” will bring you to the full forum listing.

You can also navigate by clicking the 3 vertical dots.

Clicking on your avatar will give you a drop-down menu for all things related to your account.

Dark Mode
We have introduced Dark Mode. One of our favorite features allows you to access the site with a power-saving, and easier on the eyes dark mode. You can access it in the drop-down menu under the 3 vertical dots.

Save Bookmarks
Now you can save your favorite discussion threads and posts! Bookmarks are a handy way to remember and easily find great content or stuff you want to read later.

We also wanted to make it easier for new users to understand the lingo of forums. We have cleaned up various language to more commonly recognized phrases including:
  • Following - Thread subscriptions, and Watched are now known as Following
  • Conversations – Private Messages or PMs are now conversations and can be accessed from the user avatar drop-down in the main navigation
  • Showcase – Showcase is designed for users to "showcase" items/projects through the use of uploaded images, text descriptions and custom content categories. It’s a way to visually and textually provide detailed information on the content you wish to share. The showcase would be similar to a catalog, whereas the gallery would be like a photo album. It can be accessed from the drop-down menu with the 3 dots.
These are just a few of the great new functions and features to try on the site. Take a tour and look around! If you have any questions, please check out the HELP section for some quick FAQs about the new platform - Help Section

Please let us know what you think about the new experience. Your feedback is important to us.

Thank you all for your support during this amazing journey!
Admin,
Thanks for the reply and for this advisement. So far all is going well now so time goes on. Well The Forum is still new in setting up so it is only natural to have
.......BUG'S YET.

·
Registered
24,662 Posts
This

Attachments

·
Administrator
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Oh , just to mention this,
I still can not get to the .... >>> EDIT LOCATION YET.
If it was .... Below the post area it sure would be better if possible.
Can this be .... ALERTED TO MORE OF US PLEASE .
Can you tell me if this is what you are referring to?

Setting Your Location

Click on your avatar, near the upper right-hand corner of the site. Select account settings from the drop-down menu.

On the account settings page, scroll down to location.

As you start typing your city, it will offer you choices appear in the drop-down menu. Click to select the one that displays your location.

If you prefer to only display your state, simply type your state, and then click on it in the drop-down menu.

Within discussion threads, you will see your country flag displayed under your username.

User Location Privacy Settings

Click on your avatar and select Account Settings from the drop-down menu.

Your Account Settings page will open with more options. From the left-side navigation bar, select Privacy.

On your Privacy page, you will see options regarding your location.

Use the drop-down menu to select who can see your location information.

Save your privacy settings.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
So far I cannot replicate it but I will keep an eye on it.

Have you already cleared your browser cache?

- Cricket

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Can you tell me if this is what you are referring to?

Setting Your Location

Click on your avatar, near the upper right-hand corner of the site. Select account settings from the drop-down menu.

On the account settings page, scroll down to location.

As you start typing your city, it will offer you choices appear in the drop-down menu. Click to select the one that displays your location.

If you prefer to only display your state, simply type your state, and then click on it in the drop-down menu.

Within discussion threads, you will see your country flag displayed under your username.

User Location Privacy Settings

Click on your avatar and select Account Settings from the drop-down menu.

Your Account Settings page will open with more options. From the left-side navigation bar, select Privacy.

On your Privacy page, you will see options regarding your location.

Use the drop-down menu to select who can see your location information.

Save your privacy settings.

- Cricket
Hi , Admin..... Yes that is what I am referring to and I found it now and thanks for the reply back. Good job on this one also....(y) .

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Admin,
know about it.
Aloha
Louis / LongBike
Top Shape .... and yes they are working good now....(y) .

21 - 40 of 46 Posts