The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks :)

A member of another watch forum posted a picture of a watch his son was wearing, and that gave me the idea to start this tread.

I apologize if this has been done before.

Here is my 12 year old son william with 2 of his 3 watches :)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Great idea for a thread! My son is too young at the moment, but give it a few tears and he'll be a WIS too.

Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
373 Posts
My oldest son who's 22 doesn't wear a watch, my youngest son, 18, wears a Seiko 6138 -8020 Panda and he tells me he doesn't see many other students at Cal wearing mechanical watches. My youngest has my passion for timepieces, the older one still needs some time....

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
My oldest son who's 22 doesn't wear a watch, my youngest son, 18, wears a Seiko 6138 -8020 Panda and he tells me he doesn't see many other students at Cal wearing mechanical watches. My youngest has my passion for timepieces, the older one still needs some time....
GO BEARS!!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
While this pic is a couple years old, it is what my 3 sons wear. I got each of them a birth year diver, which they each wear fairly regularly:

My eldest (22) recently was happy to get a display back mechanical automatic watch so he could finally explain to the folks his age how an automatic watch wound itself. He'd tried without being able to show the workings, and was glad he had one now he could show them through the display back. They might be wizards at electronics, but apparently an automatic winding watch sounded like magic to them.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
While this pic is a couple years old, it is what my 3 sons wear. I got each of them a birth year diver, which they each wear fairly regularly
My eldest (22) recently was happy to get a display back mechanical automatic watch so he could finally explain to the folks his age how an automatic watch wound itself. He'd tried without being able to show the workings, and was glad he had one now he could show them through the display back. They might be wizards at electronics, but apparently an automatic winding watch sounded like magic to them.
You are a good dad ;)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Gave this cool '76 ladies diver 2205-7060 to my daughter for her 10th birthday this year. I refurbished it and made the strap. She wore it for a couple days and not since. Sadly it was more my fantasy than hers. Maybe she will appreciate it when she turns 21 :eek:.

It did however pique the wife's interest in vintage watches....so I gave her the black version for her birthday and she loves it!

Shame it doesn't come in a man's size....it's almost a perfect diver IMHO...dial and hand cues from the 6159, fantastic cushion case with screw down crown and it's both an automatic and a hand wider!

IMG_6902.jpg

IMG_6904.jpg

IMG_6906.jpg

IMG_6907.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts