The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last week I bought a high end watchwinder. Nice wooden box, speed controls...yada..yada...
Anyway, it wasn't cheap.
While watching the watchwinder ( ::) ), I noticed that my heavy watches tend to slide towards the gravity center with a rather quick movement and a 'thump' while its turning.
Wouldn't that cause some sort of damage if it keeps moving the watch up and down while rotating it at the same time?
The watches actually slide downwards with each turn, so its one slide towards 12 and one toward 6.
I can not get the bracelet tight enough around the pillow no matter what I do.
What do you guys think?

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it winds 2 watches, and it has a drawer underneath to store 2.
I also have an old el cheapo one that winds 1 one watch and it doesn do this because the pillow is bigger.

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it wont take bigger pillows though.
Can it damage the watches with the movement I described?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Since it would only be a soft thump, I would asstimate that there would not be a problem.

BUT, watches were not made to keep bumping around. Can't you stuff the pillow with foam or something to keep the watch in place? Or stuff the space around the watch+pillow so that there's no room for sliding around?

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LUW said:
Since it would only be a soft thump, I would asstimate that there would not be a problem.

BUT, watches were not made to keep bumping around. Can't you stuff the pillow with foam or something to keep the watch in place? Or stuff the space around the watch+pillow so that there's no room for sliding around?
hmmmm. I could try some foam, thats a good idea Luciano!
I was thinking of taping the back to the pillow, but that will leave marks.

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it worked! 8)

I placed a piece of foam between the watch case back and the pillow, and now they don't move at all while its winding!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts