The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The issue with 8" wrists is that all the cool vintage Seiko 5 6106s and 6119s you like look cartoonish small

So what's a watch you'd like to own and wear, but is too small?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm a size smaller than you though (7,5" wrist) ... but I mostly find this to be a problem with divers. I have a lovely 1965 Zodiac Sea Wolf that I've never worn that weighs in at 35mm ... looks like a birth mark. Yet I wear dress watches far smaller than that regularely.

·
Registered
931 Posts
My Rado Golden Gazelle....

On the other hand , [no pun intended] , The Invicta Reserve Bolt and my 50mm Kronen & Sohne beater make me feel like I have a Shield on my Wrist

IMG_0003.jpg

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Sure love that big one

On the other hand , [no pun intended] , The Invicta Reserve Bolt and my 50mm Kronen & Sohne beater make me feel like I have a Shield on my Wrist

View attachment 108970
Aloha Ricardo, like that big boy there. That's a fine looking one.
Like the big case ones but hard even to get just the case.
The one on the right is a Cream Puff too.
Mahalo for the pic's.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I've got a 7 1/2" wrist, but am OK with smaller watches sometimes. They have a classic look. Still, there have been a couple that were small enough, given other design elements, that I didn't like to wear them. This was one (too bad):

(web pic)

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Have an old lovely 5216 PERFECT LM and wear it sparingly due to small size. Also an Omega Polaris is 33mm which gets neglected.
I have read guys using a Bund to give the smaller watches more width!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Beat me to it Jason i was just about to post that one :)

OH! I've been looking forward to getting a Contra for some time now, missed one a few weeks back that looked good. But that does look small!...
Still I'm a short guy so I'd probabaly look pretty damn good wearing it :!

·
Registered
507 Posts
I predict that the trend of 40mm+ watches will fade and people will gravitate towards smaller watches. My late father's everyday watch for 30 years is 33mm, which is a woman's watch by today's standards. Back then this was completely normal and I imagine that anything larger than 36mm would have been viewed as unnecessarily large and ostentatious.
No offence to anyone here, but I find the large divers a bit silly looking.

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
I predict that the trend of 40mm+ watches will fade and people will gravitate towards smaller watches. My late father's everyday watch for 30 years is 33mm, which is a woman's watch by today's standards. Back then this was completely normal and I imagine that anything larger than 36mm would have been viewed as unnecessarily large and ostentatious.
I find people who don't like large divers are a bit silly looking. (No offence to ladies watch wearers)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I find people who don't like large divers are a bit silly looking. (No offence to ladies watch wearers)
Speaking as a diver guy the larger the dial on a dive watch the better to a degree. Big clear dials and indicators are a bonus under water... expecially in some of our UK waters anyway :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
The 2205 Divers...If only they were 40mm +

I couldn't agree more - I wish Seiko would make an "upscale " version of the 2205 divers!!

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
Speaking as a diver guy the larger the dial on a dive watch the better to a degree. Big clear dials and indicators are a bonus under water... expecially in some of our UK waters anyway :rolleyes:
True!

·
Registered
680 Posts
People have been saying that the trand for large watches will fade for about 10 years now!

I regularly wear 'small' watches and as long as you give it a day or two, you get used to the small size. It's when you strap on your modern lump of stainless that you feel slightly ridiculous!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts