The Watch Site banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I among many here benefited from Jonathon's vast knowledge of Seiko parts..

This watch saved from being a parts watch by a crystal provided half way round the world by Swedefreak...

Got this 7T32 for parts.. But then saw how nice it was..

Installed a new crystal from Jonathon..

Many of you will have similar stories.. Let's share our memories of a great WIS..

Cheers

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Yes,Thats what it is all about ...

Mr. Jonathan Koch, Mr. Noah Fuller and many more.
" Masters of their work "
I have never seen who they were, yet what I have read when observing all the information that I read, I came to a decision that these Gentleman really knew their Trade and Work. so when I set out to find things I came across they work and it always amazed me on what they did and knew.
So when I saw some of their products come on sales or advertised, I tried to get some of it. Then I got them and noticed all the quality work that was done and knew they were Men of achieving perfected work when done.

They were Masters in their field no doubt about that and what I always noticed that they had such Big Hearts and always was very presentable no matter what was going on. They were natural givers of what they knew and had at times.
So now what do we do about all this that would be a question for many to fulfill and answer. Well what They probably would want us to continue to do is to carry on ..... " Their Legacy's " , of being like them in their character and presentation to what we have come to love in this hobby and business.
We are to continue to up-hold ... " These name's .... " Jonathan Koch " Noah fuller " and many others to its fullest and continue what we do in the same character of these Men many have come to ........
" Honor and Love ".

Like those that have gone on before them, many will remember them a lot when just sitting and remembering things, and especially looking at a ...... Watch, and if it has their products " On or In " it. This more will give us precious memories of this yet another great group of people. Always remember what good and honest people have done to help better others and then we will have a greater out look on much around us.
No one other than these individuals families would be able to tell us just who they were, and those that actually met or spent time with them. They have gone on before us but they are still here in our hearts.

Let's all continue to make their legacy's continue on so future ones will know who and what they have done that has benefited many while they were with us.
They were Masters when they were here and through our memories they will continue to be Master through many.
We grieve for their families yet the grief can be over passed with the Joyfulness of Memories of ..........
" Who they were and what they have done " when they were amoung us.

May their memories live on in many.
" Aloha to all of them ".

Aloha Nui Loa ........ to all of them and until we meet again .

LongBike A SCWF Partner

Attachments

·
Special Member
3,470 Posts
A lot of watches I have I bought thinking "I'll just buy a nice new crystal and gaskets form Jonathan". All of these had unusable scratched crystals and rock hard gaskets.
Some pics from the(my) archive:

My first vintage Seiko, crystal and gaskets still waiting for me to find the time to install them.

My first encounter with the crystals and gaskets of Jonathan, this one started as a non runner with a plastic tension ring crystal jammed in the case.

All of these would have been almost unwearable without Jonathan's excellent crystals and gaskets. I don't think I'll buy more of these watches :(

·
Registered
SEIKO 6105-8110 150m Diver PROOF
1,109 Posts
I repost this in memory of our dearest friend, Jonathan. I'll let the pictures speak.

·
Administrator
33,978 Posts
Many of my watches and in particular 6105s had Jonathans crystals in them, great service and always a pleasure to deal with over the years, not many guys really make a difference or get remembered but he did and will :).

6309 with Jonathans end pieces.

·
Special Member
2,802 Posts
I did this quartz mod with a domed crystal, caseback, crown and crystal gaskets supplied by Jonathan....

Jonathan's end pieces....

Bracelet from Jonathan on my 6139-6005....

Via M'iPhone & Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Jonathan was a master metal worker. Here is a custom timing ring he did for my 7C46-7011:

Here's a custom hood scoop he made for his Volvo:

...and a custom spoiler, as well:

I truly hope that there is more to us than flesh, bone, and blood. I hope that there is an essence that lives on in some other realm. Otherwise, life seems far too short.

·
Registered
778 Posts
No pics yet, but I remember Jonathan offering to check watches before I bought them. I think I was sending him too much crap and this was a nice way of stopping this. Also I think he may have coined the phrase - - "Too much wrist cheese" - - a classic line from a Man with a great sense of humour. BG

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
Well i had no idea that so many different products were made my Jonathan...impressive...

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
hey i had read about that Bubble Boy crystal...anyone have a pic of it on their watch?...it looks impressive...John

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
so this is new info too..he made gaskets too..excellent...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts