The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don’t mean existing models with finer points, like a screw down crown on 6105s.

More like, what were some fantastic models that could have been made with existing parts.

I find the 7549 300m Professional SS Tuna to be a fantastic watch. I have a fairly clean one from 1982 I wear on an Italian Chrono bracelet. Compared to the other professional divers, it’s a joy to get into vs a mono case.
It could so easily have been made with a nice 6309 based movement as well, giving us another 300m pro auto diver.

I also never understood the phaseout of the 6309/6306 case. It would have been an easy quartz diver, again with off the shelf parts.

was there already some pending Daini vs Suwa diver takeover pending?

The catalogs from the start of the 7002 era, say beginning 1990 or so, seem to become filled with a variety of diver designs, quartz, kinetic, etc. of which there is little to no knowledge, fandom, collectibility, yet the heavy hitters are still around in new forms and sought after,
with unrealized options that could have been developed.

·
Poet Laureate
862 Posts
A 6117-6400 World Time black in a 6105-8110 case would have been amazing

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
It could so easily have been made with a nice 6309 based movement as well, giving us another 300m pro auto diver.
Wouldnt have made sense to do back in the day. For a 300m professional diver they also wanted the best movement available for it, so a quartz.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
There are very few modern Seiko quartz divers.
7002 size divers with say VX42s in them would've (would) work well.
Even better would be solar movements - Citizen sold a lot of them.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Discontinuing the Spork while doubling the price of the 300m SS quartz Tuna are a cornerstone and keystone in a house of pain Seiko has built for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts