The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would being on a watch winder cause a watch to gain four minutes of time ? I put my watch on a watch winder for a few days while I wore my other watch and then when I went to put it on I noticed that it had gained four minutes of time.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
It shouldn't. If I have a watch that starts gaining that much time out of the blue, my mind first goes to magnetism. What's the watch?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Yeah, no reason that I can see why a winder would cause a difference of 4 minutes in a few days. Particularly on a nicer Swiss auto (looks like an ETA 2895 - I have a watch being serviced right now with the same one). My guess is the issue is not the winder. Try wearing it for a few days and see if it's still gaining time...

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Yeah, no reason that I can see why a winder would cause a difference of 4 minutes in a few days. Particularly on a nicer Swiss auto (looks like an ETA 2895 - I have a watch being serviced right now with the same one). My guess is the issue is not the winder. Try wearing it for a few days and see if it's still gaining time...
Agreed ;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts