The Watch Site banner

How do you choose which watch to wear?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep thinking of this, and its time to ask all of you.
So how do you decide?

I choose the watch I want to wear, and then I choose matching attire.

Blue dials with blue shirts are great.
I also like white dials with darker clothing, and of course black dials with just about anything ;)

·
Krusty Olde Pharte
4,745 Posts
I pretty much wear any watch regardless of my clothing. They all go with jeans and a t-shirt, don't they? ;D

·
Administrator
32,584 Posts
I'm afraid i tend to be very boring ??? I have a few watches i really like but i tend to wear the same watch day in day out, i will put one of my others on for a hour or two but go back to my "normal" one, for the last 12 months i have worn Harry 95% of the time just so comfy but for the last two weeks been wearing my half completed Tuna 7549-7010, see i told you i am boring ;)

I have even been thinking of selling many of mine and just having a few "specials" but i hate the selection process of deciding which go's !! :)

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so...
you guys would wear a SARB or a GS to the beach with flip flops???
:p

Don't you date or go out with your significant other? :-*
Depending on the occasion, I first determine the watch, then the clothes to wear.
There are times when, how should I put it.... When a large watch might cause damage to your significant other while practicing close contact sports. ;)

Sure you can wear any watch with whatever or with nothing at all... But, if you do have a nice collection and the choice, there is a watch for every occasion.
Its sunny today, I am going to wear a yellow watch. Jeans and a black shirt it is :))

·
Registered
547 Posts
I usually pick the watch first, then decide what clothes go with it. But since most of the time I'm wearing jeans and a black or white tee, it probably doesn't matter much what watch I choose. There's not a great deal of range in my clothing selection anymore. I think I've gravitated toward black tees because you can pair any watch with them - the watch becomes the focus of what you're wearing, rather than the shirt.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Most to go with what I'm wearing . . . on many ocassions, what I'll be doing throughout the day.

Leather straps is out if the activity during the day generates too much sweat. I live in the tropics and humidity can and does generate a lot of sweat and . . odours! LOL!

So one has to be prepared!

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Bingo, but this is only because all my watches are downstairs so after i get dressed, I go choose a watch there..

LUW said:
Usually the watch follows the clothes, but occasionally it's the other way around.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
To prove my rule, today it was the watch that dictated the clothes. I can wear basically whatever I want to work, but I usually wear a tie - usually with a sweater and sometimes with a jacket. It was a while that I hadn't worn my Orient RM2, so I decreed it was casual Friday today, so jeans, sweater and hiking boots it was.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts