The Watch Site banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

What do you guys store your collection in? Is there some type of watch brief case you can buy or similar, or has anyone made a nice custom case.

Col

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I am almost ashamed to say a lined draw at this moment. I have a 24 watch box on its way though :) and I will need another one once funds allow...

There are many many different types of watch cases, just type watch case on Amazon or eBay and plow through...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am thinking of ordering a 10 peice leather? Box. The interesting thing about this one is that it has a thin drawer under the slots that houses a nice little tool kit. I'm sure the tool quality isn't the best, but it has a pin press, bracelet fork. Tap hammer, case tool, bracelet vice etc. Pretty much a good rudimentary kit. Its $60.00. I keep all my inner and outer boxes for possible later sale and because I'm neurotic like that anyway. I'm sure most collectors do that. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
For tools, I went to home depot and bought a tool box with adjustable sections and lots of different sized translucent drawers. It's wonderful for carrying watches to be worked on, and storing tools and parts of all sorts.

For storage, my favorite method are purpose built lockable aluminum brief cases, with velvet covered partitions and lid linings, which hold watches in velvet lined pillows. They can be found on eBay, shipped from china for about $100+/- per box.

·
AqualandKing & Special Member
18,386 Posts
I use old Briefcases with Foam cut to fit exact then razor blade out the slots marked for your watches cover with Black cloth,cut slits in the middle of the Cloth at each hole in the foam and voila a cheap watch box.Last one cost me about £4.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TheNeilo(AqualandKing) said:
I use old Briefcases with Foam cut to fit exact then razor blade out the slots marked for your watches cover with Black cloth,cut slits in the middle of the Cloth at each hole in the foam and voila a cheap watch box.Last one cost me about £4.
I like this idea because it is cheap and easy and leaves me more money to buy watches, thanks.

Col

1 - 7 of 7 Posts