The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After years of having steel cased Luminox watches I found a good buy ($200) yesterday on a Seiko 6309-7049. From the information I have found, it was one of the first of this model produced (April 1976). It's in very good condition with original seiko parts. I would like to have it cleaned/lubed. It's working just fine, not sure yet about keeping time yet. No shop in my area can perform this service. Who should I send it to that won't charge an arm and a leg?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions. I talked with a local watchmaker today. He suggested I just wear it and enjoy it as is since it's already in great shape. He advised that if it's keeping time it doesn't need an overhaul. He also added that since it's an automatic, if I take it off, it should keep running for at least 48 hours...if not, then it may need service.
It came with an original rubber strap but I just ordered a 5 PVD ring Zulu in dark tan. Will also be ordering a medium or dark brown distressed leather zulu for it in a couple days.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Can I expect the vintage diver after restoration will be properly sealed and occasionally can be used underwater?

·
Special Member
4,898 Posts
Can I expect the vintage diver after restoration will be properly sealed and occasionally can be used underwater?
You should be able to, no problem whatsoever with new seals unless the case is corroded/pitted. As to if it will cost an arm and a leg, it depends on you. But, plan to spend around what you payed for the watch for a good service from ones already mentioned.

Ps: Would love to see pictures of it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have new watch but it needs repair and i just want a watchmaker or Watch Repair shop which is affordable and provide good service.Can anyone recommend me good Watch Repair shop?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts