The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just been looking for a movement in Cousins UK site.
I can get two;
One 44 GBP or the other one 27 GBP but "Loose Pack" - what does that mean?

·
Craftsman
3,713 Posts
It almost sounds like "open box" here in the US. In other words it has been sold and returned for one reason or another.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I've always found loose pack to mean no sealed packaging so may need re-oiling etc and the others come sealed in packaging to preserve the lubricant, I've had a couple of loose pack movements and they have always arrived complete and working although sometimes without hour wheel, never had one sent in bits,
What movements did they send you in bits seikochrono? I'd like to steer clear of those if I can .
all the best
seikola

·
Vendor
1,693 Posts
Quartz mate!

I've always found loose pack to mean no sealed packaging so may need re-oiling etc and the others come sealed in packaging to preserve the lubricant, I've had a couple of loose pack movements and they have always arrived complete and working although sometimes without hour wheel, never had one sent in bits,
What movements did they send you in bits seikochrono? I'd like to steer clear of those if I can .
all the best
seikola

·
Craftsman
2,114 Posts
Taken from Cousins front page in the "Movement search by make and calibre" section

Loose Pack = Exactly the same as sealed except originally destined to be fitted to watches for retail but are surplus to requirement.

The information is out there if you look!

·
Craftsman
3,713 Posts
Taken from Cousins front page in the "Movement search by make and calibre" section

Loose Pack = Exactly the same as sealed except originally destined to be fitted to watches for retail but are surplus to requirement.

The information is out there if you look!
AKA: open box....lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts